Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK45C might become my favorite pistol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

HK45C might become my favorite pistol.

About two years ago I bought a LNIB HK45 because I thought they were just the coolest thing since sliced bread. When the pistol arrived, I realized the damn thing was too big in my hands even with the small backstrap. The decocker/safety was uncomfortable because I don't have big enough hands to sit my thumb on top of it and it's right where my thumb wants to rest while shooting. Then I shot it once or twice and because of the grip size, I couldn't press the trigger without rubbing that trough in the trigger guard. That shit is painful. So the HK45 languished in my safe, I wanted so very much to like it but I just couldn't. Between then and now I got a job as a federal LEO and my issued pistol is the HK P2000 LEM in .40S&W. I took the top shooter award in my class and qualified expert with it. Then back at my duty station I earned the marksmanship citation with it. I very much like the pistol and the LEM trigger.

A light bulb went on in my head, the HK45C is almost identical to the P2000. So I sold the full size and ended up buying a barely used German made compact with 4 mags. It arrived Thursday and I took it to the range this morning. This sums up my feelings on the pistol -

It fits my hand, my finger doesn't rub the trigger guard and I am just as accurate with the 45C as I am the P2000. Perhaps even a tad bit more accurate. I got stuck on the 15 yard range and at 15 yards all shots were in one ragged hole, tight as a fist, in the dead center of the target. To say I'm thrilled with this pistol would be an understatement. The first thing on my list is to send it to HK to be converted to the LEM trigger. The second thing on my list is a threaded barrel... and then a trust, and a can.

Feedback Score
    Is the LEM trigger comparable to a Glock's and what weights does it come in? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I keep trying to talk myself into a HK45. I have had full size and compact USP's in the past in 9mm and at least 3 compact 45 USPs. I handled a HK45 at the local gun shop the other day and am really just trying to decide between it or the C version. The LEM trigger is not a big issue for me as I would likely carry in condition one. But curse you man....you have me thinking more and more about it, lol.
    "You Can't Miss Fast Enough, To Win The Gunfight" - Andy Seminick

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by G34 View Post
    Is the LEM trigger comparable to a Glock's and what weights does it come in? Thanks.
    I've found a light LEM to be similar to a good BHP's trigger in a sense of lots of take up and then a firm break, but it's nothing close to a Glock style trigger. Standard LEM is around 7lbs whereas a light LEM is around 5lbs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Im looking at a used (barely) hk45 full size. Love the ergos and overall feel but at $825 i have a hard time parting with that amount of money.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Arik; 07-21-12 at 20:52.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyarmorguy View Post
    I keep trying to talk myself into a HK45. I have had full size and compact USP's in the past in 9mm and at least 3 compact 45 USPs. I handled a HK45 at the local gun shop the other day and am really just trying to decide between it or the C version. The LEM trigger is not a big issue for me as I would likely carry in condition one. But curse you man....you have me thinking more and more about it, lol.
    My work here is done.

Seriously, I'm really liking this pistol. A LOT. If the ergonomics of the fulls size are good for you then go for it. To me the C is perfect.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Like this?
    -Too many guns not enough time-
    2016 Rocking: Sig Sauer, Vortex Optics, GA Precision, MGM targets, MARS Armament, Inc., KMW Rifles, Mack Brothers, B&T Industries, Prime Ammo, Mile High Shooting Accessories, Gray Guns, Armageddon Gear, Rustick Knives, LLC.,Bartlein Barrels, CORE Shooting Solutions, Magpul.
    Contributing author on www.modernserviceweapons.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoe View Post

Like this?
    Ayup.

Last edited by .45fmjoe; 07-22-12 at 20:28.

Feedback Score
    The HK45c is quite possibly the finest combat/duty handgun available and when you compare it to a $2,000 custom 1911 (the only other handgun that can compare), it doesn't seem all that expensive.

Feedback Score
    Congrats on your HK45c.....I WANT ONE!

...that is all...
    GSSF & NRA Member
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast