Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Sight Acquisition Fix

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Front Sight Acquisition Fix

So I have a Glock 26 Gen4 as my off-duty firearm. The Glock came with night sights which I love. I wish I had a front sight that was brighter and for a quicker acquisition of the sight picture during the day time.

To combat this, I went to the local Michael's Craft store and purchased a Sharpie Paint Pen in orange for $3.99 (plus tax). Went home and carefully colored in the front sight. I didn't want to cover up the Tritium circle.

All I have to say is WOW. The sight picture acquisition was quick and easy. Leaving both eyes open and still being able to distinguish the sight picture was a breeze. It was the best $3.99 I spent!

Just wanted to share this to everyone!

"All cops have to make judgment calls they hope they won't regret. No cop ever bats a thousand." - Southland

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry your body." - Jack Bauer

"And maybe remind the few if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stand between the monsters and the weak."

Feedback Score
    All the blueing has worn off my front sight so this might be a decent DIY fix.

Thanks for the idea.

Feedback Score
    I'm going to try that, thanks!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Excellent set up. Thanks for the heads up on where to get the paint.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Great idea -- looks like you achieved your goal . . . at minimal expense!

---Bob---
    NRA, MSI Member

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That works! Cheers.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    I literally saw this thread about 1.5 hours ago and decided to do it and went to my local Hobby Lobby. I just finished the mod myself, thanks for the share.

We'll see how it holds. I degreased the front post with rubbing alcohol then heated it with a lighter before applying and after.
    Last edited by Kilo 1-1; 07-21-12 at 17:45.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The paint pen is a great idea, keep us posted on the durability. If it doesn't last try an enamel model paint. I did my EDC pistol close to two years ago and its still on there.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I am glad this post has helped people. I was chatting with a friend and we came up with the idea of the paint pen. So far, the orange paint on my Glock 26 is holding up really well. Since I posted this, I have "upgraded" all my handguns and rifles! I never knew $3.99 could go so far!
    "All cops have to make judgment calls they hope they won't regret. No cop ever bats a thousand." - Southland

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry your body." - Jack Bauer

"And maybe remind the few if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stand between the monsters and the weak."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast