Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which 6.8 would you choose for combat?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Which 6.8 would you choose for combat?

Assuming money was no object, which 6.8 AR would you guys choose? This would be purely for combat against humans. Forget about precision shooting and hunting animals.

Feedback Score
    Something from Noveske. I own an upper in 5.56 from them and have no reservations whatsoever about shooting people in the face with it.

a 6.8 from them is on my short list.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply. Noveske would be nice. I don't hunt, and I don't do precision shooting. My interest in the 6.8 is solely as a combat rifle. I'm leaning toward a Noveske or an LMT. I don't know if the piston design is worth it or not, but before I buy anything, I plan to wait and see what LMT comes out with in that regard.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I would concede that there is definitely a place in the market for the piston-driven AR, but I don't feel that it naturally follows that we should somehow let that translate into a lack of confidence in the standard configuration. If anything, we've got a lot more evidence to support the contention that the original design happens to work extraordinarily well.

The 6.8mm cartidge adds a new variable to all of this, of course, but I would to take things one major breakthrough at a time -- as such, I too would opt for the Noveske.

Chief

Feedback Score
    For combat use I'd get the LWRC M6A2 (I have 3 in 6.8mm SPC actually 8", 10.5" and 14.5"). For precision I would also recommend the Noveske as my 16" middy is an absolute tack driver.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Newaza View Post
    Assuming money was no object, which 6.8 AR would you guys choose? This would be purely for combat against humans. Forget about precision shooting and hunting animals.
    Can I let you know tomorrow? My Noveske 6.8 SPC, 14.5 inch Afghan upper just arrived yesterday but the local range is only open on weekends.

I'm putting it on my Colt LE 6920 lower. Since I still have a crapload of mags and bullets my 5.56mm upper would still be my go to zombie gun, but the Noveske would be better for the living (I'm guessing).
    Last edited by Bad_Karma; 01-24-08 at 12:27. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Karma View Post
    Can I let you know tomorrow? My Noveske 6.8 SPC, 14.5 inch Afghan upper just arrived yesterday but the local range is only open on weekends.

I'm putting it on my Colt LE 6920 lower. Since I still have a crapload of mags and bullets my 5.56mm upper would still be my go to zombie gun, but the Noveske would be better for the living (I'm guessing).
    Very nice. Let us know how it shoots. Which buffer are you using for it? H-buffer?

Feedback Score
    Very nice. Let us know how it shoots. Which buffer are you using for it? H-buffer?
    Actually the standard buffer that comes in the Colt 6920... Is that bad? I thought the upper was pretty much plug'n'play as long as you used the 6.8mm mags.

The Colt upper has:
    KAC RIS
    GG&G MAD BUIS

The new set up:
    Hogue grip
    Noveske 6.8mm, 14.5 inch upper w/ Smith Vorex flash hider
    Troy front and rear BUIS
    Aimpoint Micro T1 w/ LaRue tall mount
    Blue Force Gear VCAS sling

Its still a work in progress. I hit the grip, stock and rail covers with OD Green Krylon. I plan on getting the Foliage Green Tango Down Battlegrip and OD green Magpul CTR stock.
    Last edited by Bad_Karma; 01-24-08 at 17:50. Reason: Added picture

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow, that's very nice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

6.8 Evaluation Report

6.8 Evaluation Report Link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast