Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Consensus wanted on Sig, S&W 1911s

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very happy with my Sig Sqorpion...over 1000 round of ball and hollowpoint...dirty and clean it has not failed to run.

Feedback Score
    I'm currently carrying a Sig 1911 TACOPS on duty. I have owned and duty carried Springfield, Kimber, and S&W as far as production guns. The only production 1911 I currently own is the Sig. It's outstanding. Über accurate and 100% functional from round 1. The Springfield and Kimber were not. The Smith was good, not as smooth as the Sig though. I can point to horror stories concerning any 1911 out there or gun period for that matter. My experience is that most who talk smack about Sig do so because it's different from what they're used to or they heard something from someone else. Not to say there aren't some bad experiences but that's true with all of the manufacturers. Heck after Kimber my agencies failure rate is highest among Ed Browns lately. Some minor issues with Wilson's and Springers. Colt, Sig,and S&W all seem solid.

I had to crack up at the earlier comments about LE/Mil types being down on Sig 1911's. The guy who first turned me on to them is a 10 year plus SWAT veteran who had seen time as a Marine in the sand box as most of our SWAT guys are. None of them were critical at all and were complimentary when inspecting my Sig. Of course the Texas Rangers SOG chose Sig Tacops and we know they're a joke right? I actually talked to a Ranger buddy who carries a personally owned customized 1911 who said if he didn't carry his full custom he'd have no problem with the Sig.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345