Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Vltor VIS-KM (Keymod) - official release of information

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    May is the release date, and the design has changed. Ill throw up a picture tomorrow.
    Yes and agreed w/ Vip3r, I was also advised May as well per Vltor rep. This is one of my new favorite keymod rails that I saw at SHOT show. The sleekness without the overbearing wideness made this fit perfect in my hand comfortably. Can't wait for this to come out. This has become my 2nd favorite rail aside from Geissele.
    Last edited by kirito; 01-17-14 at 12:15.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yes talk to guy who seem more knowledgable about there product - orders are being taking for dilivery in May
    they have to make adjustment to the lever releasing the bottom portion of the rail.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Extreme hotness...
    Never sit at the bargaining table with an empty stomach.

Feedback Score
    Wow, both of those look amazing. The top one reminds me of a KAC URX 3.1.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scatsob View Post
    Wow, both of those look amazing. The top one reminds me of a KAC URX 3.1.
    Similar design, the textured section on the sides is extremely aggressive, you will want to wear gloves if it stands through production.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Last edited by tw4; 01-19-14 at 00:46.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post

To clear things up the top VIS is the new SlimLine:
    Versatile Interface Structure – Slim Line (VIS-SL)

Vltor Weapons Systems (VWS) has conducted extensive research and development in the area of upper receivers and railed hand guards for the M16 family of assault rifles to address the demands of modern warfare and the needs of our modern war fighters this has resulted in several innovative products:

• CASV (adopted by U.S Navy EOD Teams)
    • Gen 1 VIS
    • VIS-A5
    • VIS KeyMod

The VIS –SL is the newest product in this evolution and was and is based on lessons learned from over a decade of continual combat operations.

All VIS receivers are a monolithic railed upper receiver that are of polylithic construction, two components that are permanently bonded together prior to machining of the 12 o’clock rail. This allows free floating of the barrel without the increased stresses placed on the bolt and barrel extension portion of the upper receiver that traditional rail/ hand guard systems exhibit. Traditional rail/ hand guard systems have 100% of the rail / hand guard weight and the weight of any enablers used supported only by the barrel nut on the relatively short barrel extension.

VIS –SL incorporates the following features:

• Four short sections of fixed M1913 rails at the rear and forward locations in the 3:00 and 9:00 positions that support legacy M1913 enablers such as:

 Offset iron sights
     Offset Mini Red Dot (MRD) CQB sights
     Visible Lights

• Four integrated Quick Disconnect Sling (QDS) pockets are co-located with the fixed M1913 in the 3:00 and 9:00 positions.

• The hand guard body along the 3:00 and 9:00 positions between the four short sections of fixed M1913 rails is slimed down offering the fallowing enhancements:

 The transition between the slim section and the fixed M1913 rails gives the shooter:

 Enhanced ergonomics, lowers the profile of the system in the primary griping area
     Integrated hand stop
     Integrated index points
     Integrated thumb rest / gas pedal

 The slim section is textured for enhanced grip to aid the shooter with:

 Driving the muzzle between targets
     CQB muzzle strikes
     CQB weapons retention
     Side bracing in a improvised rest ( window or door jamb)

No KeyMod holes are present in this area to eliminate the pinch and
    snag hazards they would present in a CQB environment. This texture is
    aggressive enough that many shooters don’t feel the need for a add on
    hand stop or angled fore grip device in the 6:00 o’clock position of the
    hand guard.

• KeyMod direct mounting points at the 1:30 and 10:30 positions are not designed to accept rails they are optimized for low profile mounting of KeyMod enablers such as:

 Offset iron sights
     Offset Mini Red Dot (MRD) CQB sights
     Visible Lights

• The bottom of the hand guard along the 6:00 position incorporates the following features:

 Removable lower hand guard for M203 mounting
     Wide flat bottom that aids in a improvised rest
     No mounting points in the 4:30 and 7:30 this lowers the profile of the system in the primary griping area
     Full length KeyMod along the 6:00 o’clock position

VIS –SL incorporates key features to support legacy M1913 enablers as well as emerging KeyMod enablers while also incorporating features that enhance the shooter to weapon interface in a slim and light package.

Out.
    2011BLDR

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is that supposed to be released at the same time as the VIS-KM?
    “WE THE PEOPLE are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

~ Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    that slimline is sexy. I think once my current issues are worked out I will be looking into one of those.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789