Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt socom finish really rough...

Feedback Score

Colt socom finish really rough...

I just recently purchased a new in box colt 6920 SOCOM. Happy with the weapon but surprised at how rough the finish is on it. The lower receiver is especially dinged, knicked and marked up. It appears the marks are from before the anodizing was done. I don't really care about the marks as it appears just cosmetic, was more just wondering if this was normal for colt these days? I looked at a new colt LE6940 and it also had some of these rough marks and dings. Anyone else seeing this?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Haven't noticed it on the few I've seen but as long as it runs, you're good, don't worry about it. Enjoy the rifle.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I checked out one of the Walmart 6920's a week or two ago and it was super clean, I didn't notice a single blemish.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by |Troy| View Post
    I just recently purchased a new in box colt 6920 SOCOM. Happy with the weapon but surprised at how rough the finish is on it. The lower receiver is especially dinged, knicked and marked up. It appears the marks are from before the anodizing was done. I don't really care about the marks as it appears just cosmetic, was more just wondering if this was normal for colt these days? I looked at a new colt LE6940 and it also had some of these rough marks and dings. Anyone else seeing this?
    Normal.

C4

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    They batch test the parts for interchangability. Part of thier QC process. Shoot the piss out of her and add a whole bunch of your own dings.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    They batch test the parts for interchangability. Part of thier QC process. Shoot the piss out of her and add a whole bunch of your own dings.
    What parts do they batch test exactly?
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never mind.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 07-25-12 at 18:01.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Anything on the gun. I'm pretty sure it's part of the milspec requirement to constantly make sure you can swap any part. That big bin of parts Grant posted is an example. They will pull all kinds of stuff and make sure they fit together and function properly.

Colt’s TDP has been incorporated consist of more than two hundred extremely rigorous standards covering inspection, tolerances, targeting, endurance and interchangeability of parts.
    Last edited by Split66; 07-25-12 at 18:06.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Please review the chart.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm not trying to be snarky here but "the chart" and "the techincal data package for the M4 carbine" are two totally different things. Perhaps it was the term "batch testing" that is throwing you guys off LOL. No they take their tested/in spec parts from bins and make sure they work together. The parts are handled alot. When you are ( not so much anymore) the sole supplier of warfighting carbines to the US your shit has to fit together and thats that. It's an understanding that if you are sending the guns in harms way the military does not want 500 Colt lowers that do not fit together with uppers, because things get real busted up in combat. Good thing is these same processes get applied to their civi guns as well......fit and finish is always secondary to function anyway.
    Last edited by Split66; 07-25-12 at 19:49.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast