Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 50,000 (now 88K) rounds and counting: Springfield Operator

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I love this thread, thanks for the update

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    I love this thread, thanks for the update
    I agree!! I have one of these Operators and will probably never see this many rounds but it is quite a feat just to read the updates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    This is cool. I love these kinds of torture tests.
    Me too. Subscribed.

I just got one of these in 10mm. Doubt it'd go 88,000 rounds. Doubt I'd want to shoot 88,000 rounds of 10mm.
    Just got one in 10mm also. I’m thinking it will hold up well. The parts are beefed up. I agree that 80k-120k rounds would hurt. Especially the wallet.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Great thread

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I would be very interested if you guys with 10's could track round counts and report from time to time but I'll grantcha it will be a rare case, a guy with a 10mm getting a super high round count. But.... that's your assignment!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I would be very interested if you guys with 10's could track round counts and report from time to time but I'll grantcha it will be a rare case, a guy with a 10mm getting a super high round count. But.... that's your assignment!
    Hahahaha. Mine is at 75. That was all I could bear with the 5” model in one sitting with no padded glove. I feel like I slammed my hand in a steel door. Oh well, this is a woods walking and camping gun, not edc, so I won’t be practicing as much with it like my “carry” stuff.

Range report, SA Operator TRP 10mm 5” USG size:

Amazingly accurate with tight groups. Very impressive.

In 75 rounds, I had three instances of failure to go completely back into battery, stopping about 1/4 inch short. The chamber is fine, so I’m hoping it’s an ammo issue. I did the empty barrel plink test and it was flawless. I used Sellier and Bellot 180gr fmj. It is really flat on the projectile end. I’m going to switch to Sig ammo and try again. If that does not work, I’ll send it back to SA for warranty. The gun seems really well made and fits really tight. It just might need a little more factors TLC if switching ammo does not work.

When the feeling comes back in my hand, I’ll try again.

From the phone. Please forgive typos.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Round count and bottles of Tylenol... The 10mm is a four Tylenol cartridge.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mr. Christianson, I've got a SA Pro that I have upwards of 60-70k through (100% jacketed factory ammo ranging from Q4170 to 230gr HydraShock and 230gr Golden Saber). I've used shock buffs from day one since that gun came out of the box. I have not found any cracks in my gun other than the firing pin stop (only part replaced so far) and I wondered what your take was on longevity with a properly monitored shock buff. I ran 18.5lb Wolff standard recoil springs with CP buffs up until about the last 100 rounds. I just tossed a flat-wire 20lb Wilson recoil spring in but I intend to continue to run Wilson buffs in my gun. Insights/opinions? I must say that I am a true believer in shock buffs, but I am meticulous about inspection/replacement when the buffs start to shred.

Eject no ser.jpg
    IMG_1447.jpg
    IMG_1452.jpg
    image1.jpg

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Assuming a lighter recoil spring would function reliably, isn’t that ideal in terms of both felt recoil/muzzle climb as well as frame longevity?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a probably dumb question but with the 1911 do you want to run the heaviest or lightest spring that will allow reliability?

Ed

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast