Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running Springfield’s latest run of the operator 1911? Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Anyone running Springfield’s latest run of the operator 1911? Thoughts?

Looking into picking one of these up. Owned an MC operator many years ago and sold it. Wondering how the latest iteration is holding up for people.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have a TRP from a few years back and I am continually blown away by the level of quality you get for the dollar. I think if you are looking for a 1911 and you dont have Wilson or Blackhawk money the TRP is the gun to buy.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I really loved my old Springfield and their customer was great. A buddy of mine had some issues with his 1911 loaded a few years ago. Springfields customer service was outstanding. He got the pistol back within 3 weeks, they covered shipping, and did some extra maintenance stuff on it.

Just wondering if they are still putting out the same quality that I experienced.

Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would grab a SA with confidence. If you can upgrade to the TRP, I think it’s an amazing value as Monk stated. My TRP is my oldest gun still in the stable. Zero malfunctions after years of banging on it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Personal anecdote, I bought one in 45 two years ago and it has been great. It was one of their RMR'd models. Only Malfunctions were on cone shaped hornady FMJs and a fail to lock back during a training class that wasn't just dirty and muddy but straight soup. Hands down my favorite handgun. I almost exclusively run vickers wilson 8 and 10 rounders. Both are excellent.

TRPs, as mentioned, are supposed to be next level.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies! Happy to hear they are still putting out quality stuff. I’ll definitely consider a TRP. Just needs to make sense for the budget

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0331 View Post
    Thanks for the replies! Happy to hear they are still putting out quality stuff. I’ll definitely consider a TRP. Just needs to make sense for the budget
    Try to find a used on GB, could probably grab one for $900 to $1,000 ish. In fact I juts looked and here is a $900 TRP operator.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/952744714

And a regular TRP with starting BID $900, buy now $1,250. Good deals

It says old stock, what does that mean? Anywho the warranty still applies.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-14-22 at 18:51.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Try to find a used on GB, could probably grab one for $900 to $1,000 ish. In fact I juts looked and here is a $900 TRP operator.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/952744714

And a regular TRP with starting BID $900, buy now $1,250. Good deals

It says old stock, what does that mean? Anywho the warranty still applies.

PB
    That's a pretty good price for a TRP

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Crazy good price IMO.

PB

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    LW Operator is my everyday carry piece (was before my stroke anyways).
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast