G&R Tactical
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 295

Thread: 50,000 (now 88K) rounds and counting: Springfield Operator

  1. #281
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    411
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by straitR View Post
    This continues to be one of my favorite threads, from any board, ever. Rob's pistol is the example of what a properly made 1911, serviced by a premier pistolsmith, is capable of.

    Thank you Ned, for your continued input and sharing here.
    I think the key here is "properly made and serviced". Not many are going to shoot to this level but to have a someone like Ned able to care for your needs makes the difference. As stated this is also one of my favorite threads on any board or forum.

  2. #282
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,914
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's actually a fun thing for me too, to keep track of it and report.

    I don't think Iv'e done anything service-wise that has really made a huge dif, I mean, nothing that Rob could not have had done elsewhere, successfully, although yes, there was one barrel fitting that did not get done right. Really, all the barrel changes probably could have been drop-ins or something the like the Kart EZ Fit which is a good way to go.

  3. #283
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    While this thread is pure gold for what it is along with the data we are getting on a Springfield Operator, I wish I could see some of the others and just have a tally of the round counts that have been expended at the hands of that guy. He has to be a true artist with the tools of his trade - hence why I would love to train with such a 1911 guy!

  4. #284
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Greatest Planet in the Universe
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    It's actually a fun thing for me too, to keep track of it and report.

    I don't think Iv'e done anything service-wise that has really made a huge dif, I mean, nothing that Rob could not have had done elsewhere, successfully, although yes, there was one barrel fitting that did not get done right. Really, all the barrel changes probably could have been drop-ins or something the like the Kart EZ Fit which is a good way to go.
    Thanks for all the work and documentation, Ned.

    This thread makes me want to go order a Springfield Professional.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

  5. #285
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    CONUS
    Posts
    223
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Thanks for all the work and documentation, Ned.

    This thread makes me want to go order a Springfield Professional.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do it!!! A Pro very well may be my next 1911.

    I bought a MC operator a couple of years ago because of this thread, and while it will probably never be shot to the level this one has, it has been an absolute performer.

    Thanks for continuing the updates Ned, it is appreciated.

  6. #286
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,914
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Your appreciation is appreciated-- really.

    I bet most guys are the same as me. It's kinda fun over the years as we go through cycles of enthusiasm for shooting in general, or a particular gun or caliber.

    You feel the need, it's time, for another cycle to start, but you're not sure which way to channel the urge. "What new gun / system should I get to scratch this itch, what would be the coolest thing to explore?"

    Then you realize, you already have it! You also realize that you have not fully explored it. You have not shot the crap out of it yet. You rediscover it and see that your previous, cursory relationship with it only scratched the surface. A lot of times when this happens, it's a 1911..... :-)

  7. #287
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    444
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Your appreciation is appreciated-- really.

    I bet most guys are the same as me. It's kinda fun over the years as we go through cycles of enthusiasm for shooting in general, or a particular gun or caliber.

    You feel the need, it's time, for another cycle to start, but you're not sure which way to channel the urge. "What new gun / system should I get to scratch this itch, what would be the coolest thing to explore?"

    Then you realize, you already have it! You also realize that you have not fully explored it. You have not shot the crap out of it yet. You rediscover it and see that your previous, cursory relationship with it only scratched the surface. A lot of times when this happens, it's a 1911..... :-)
    How true. I went from a Single Stack 1911 in .45 to a Limited Double Stack in .40 to a Super in Open and now back to Single Stack 1911s'. I think I have learned my lesson, I think. LOL

  8. #288
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    63
    Feedback Score
    0
    I always find my self returning to the 1911 no matter what new toy I play with.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

  9. #289
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    156
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejr490 View Post
    The Ruger 1911ís have integral plunger tubes I think that was a good idea, but then again how often do these fail?

    Is the gun pretty much inoperable without the tube?

    Ed




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #290
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    559
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Your appreciation is appreciated-- really.

    I bet most guys are the same as me. It's kinda fun over the years as we go through cycles of enthusiasm for shooting in general, or a particular gun or caliber.

    You feel the need, it's time, for another cycle to start, but you're not sure which way to channel the urge. "What new gun / system should I get to scratch this itch, what would be the coolest thing to explore?"

    Then you realize, you already have it! You also realize that you have not fully explored it. You have not shot the crap out of it yet. You rediscover it and see that your previous, cursory relationship with it only scratched the surface. A lot of times when this happens, it's a 1911..... :-)
    There's some wisdom right there.

    In my own case, I always seem to come back to the j-frame revolver. I'll shoot striker guns exclusively for a while, dally with DA/SA guns for a bit, play around with red-dotted guns, but when I finally make it back to the compact snubnose it's like coming home.

    Its technology is even more ancient and its capacity more limited than the 1911, but it just works for me. And I always seem to learn something new every time I practice with it.

    Terrific thread, BTW.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •