Thread: 50,000 (now 88K) rounds and counting: Springfield Operator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    I was wondering if this would pop up in this thread. The owner of that Colt is a close personal friend, I've shot that gun before. He's on the same Team that Rob and I used to be on. I must admit that I've been beating him MERCILESSLY over this thing because that's the kind of relationship he and I have.
    Background: the man is a serious shooter and VERY meticulous when it comes to maintenance. He's been running either an 18# or 18.5# spring for a couple years but I can't remember why (I think another local guy that you were teaching with this week told him to maybe?). Training ammo is whatever we can get, last year it was Winchester 230 gr ball and I'm pretty sure he's still working through our stash of that. This gun is open-carried on duty year round in the far west Chicago suburbs and on a part-time SWAT Team.

Only slightly off topic: He called Colt to ask about getting a new barrel. Was told their warranty ends after a year so he'd have to pay. He was none too happy but asked how long it would take anyway, the answer was at least 6 months. He took about another 15 seconds to tell them what he thought of their company and products and hung up.

Edit: I forgot to mention the guy is bleeping infatuated with FrogLube, uses it exclusively on the Colt and a couple other guns including a high end bolt gun. Ned: I would consider myself in your debt if you would tell him the stuff is trash and to stop using it when you get his slide back to him. Let him simmer for a couple days so I can beat on him some more then I'll show him this thread.
    Last edited by jhurt; 07-28-17 at 18:17.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I will definitely work with you on this and I think we can bring in a third conspirator to help, his father in law.... how about I "find" a warranty bulletin from Colt warning about the effect of any kind of mint derivative on stainless barrel steel?

Feedback Score
    That would be....glorious. As a matter of fact we were on the range last night (he's carrying a glock 21 while waiting on the colt) and he was grumbling about how the frog lube wasn't on it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I will definitely work with you on this and I think we can bring in a third conspirator to help, his father in law.... how about I "find" a warranty bulletin from Colt warning about the effect of any kind of mint derivative on stainless barrel steel?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhurt View Post
    That would be....glorious. As a matter of fact we were on the range last night (he's carrying a glock 21 while waiting on the colt) and he was grumbling about how the frog lube wasn't on it.
    You guys are awesome!
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!