Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
Your appreciation is appreciated-- really.

I bet most guys are the same as me. It's kinda fun over the years as we go through cycles of enthusiasm for shooting in general, or a particular gun or caliber.

You feel the need, it's time, for another cycle to start, but you're not sure which way to channel the urge. "What new gun / system should I get to scratch this itch, what would be the coolest thing to explore?"

Then you realize, you already have it! You also realize that you have not fully explored it. You have not shot the crap out of it yet. You rediscover it and see that your previous, cursory relationship with it only scratched the surface. A lot of times when this happens, it's a 1911..... :-)
Truth. I remember AC saying something similar a number of years ago.

I reluctantly admit that at this point in my life I am wore plum out with all the "tactical" mantra that the whole industry seems to be about these days and the constant push towards the the latest greatest. Coupled with the subsequent attitude that if you don't carry XYZ super duper blaster, somehow you are already behind the power curve and are going to lose regardless of skill level.

Quality 1911's are about the only thing keeping me interested in the gun world in general. Gun fatigue is real. And while I have Glocks and M&p's in the mix, they would probably be gone if the market wasn't so soft.

Threads like this are pure gold to me.