Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 50,000 (now 88K) rounds and counting: Springfield Operator

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Dunno but we're not even gonna bother SA with it. Even if they warranteed it it'd be more trouble than it was worth plus we'd lose the frontstrap checkering...... I'd rather stick with the known quantity, aged though it be!

We were talking about ammo and he said, "have a look in my range bag". I went to pick it up and put it on the bench.

Ouch, my back!

I scolded him for having too many mags and randomly tossed in like that. But I guess when a guy shoots this much and is constantly traveling.... he promised to do better. It's not as bad as it looks-- Rob is a very good maintainer of his gear.... but most mags had a burr on the top left from the slide stop. This can lead to problems left unaddressed when volumes are high. I took care of this while we chatted but lost count of the mags, there must be a hundred though.
    GOOD GRAVY!!! This thread keeps getting better and better! Did he have a mag preference? There seems to be a lot of different mags, but my phone isn't giving me the best picture.

(I think I even see a lone Glock mag creeping into the group)
    Last edited by opngrnd; 03-26-15 at 08:55. Reason: Added note

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah that Glock mag was comical, like rolling its eyes and whistling-- "I'm not here".

Tripps and Wilsons mostly, some CMC's. Some hodge-podge. I know when he buys new, he buys Tripps. these days.

Feedback Score
    Hey Ned,

Any new Numbers/or should I say, what is the new number-rounds down the pipe or parts and or pictures of this Safe Queen?LOL

Peace Jeff
    Last edited by RVTMaverick; 07-16-15 at 10:30.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I should be seeing it in a few weeks and I will take a look at the shot counter (Rob hisself). Since he got the new slide, I had it for a while to put a new Shield Driver on it. With a shooter like Rob it takes a while to get the zero just right-- you can't just throw sights on and "good enough, I can hit that old fridge at 30 feet". When a shooter is really good and is particular about hitting smaller targets at greater distances, sight adjustments of even a few thousandths are not unusual.

Feedback Score
    Any updates?

Feedback Score
    How many rounds were fired prior to the slide cracking?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    80-thousand-plus. No updates, I usually don't see Rob and his guns in the winter months.

Feedback Score
    Wow! I thought I was a player because I keep about a dozen 1911 mags per gun. I'm not even close! Back to Kindergarten for me!
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    I thought I shot a lot and hoarded mags before reading this. Thread of the year IMO, just awesome.

Feedback Score
    Awesome thread....
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast