Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: 50,000 (now 88K) rounds and counting: Springfield Operator

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Why do you come to this sub forum and this thread to lecture everyone on what is regurgitated all over the internet?

Current discussion aside - there’s literally countless 1911 vs everything else threads.

Both platforms have merits and issues. This discussion has also been played out a billion times.

I only jump in because I respect and follow Ned’s work and I don’t want to see the thread hijacked into yet another tired endless debate.

I mean this with all due respect.

God Bless,

Brandon
    Love the guns, shoot them better than just about anything. The fact remains though that they require a higher level of gunsmithing ability than a simple parts change to keep them operational long term. That's all I'll say. Thank you for your courtesy.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Love the 1911-bubba tea fights, complete with purse slaps.

Thanks for the entertainment, I enjoy it and seeing the local 19-eleben types shoot a mag or two before having to jimmy with this or that, before going back into the range bag.

Feedback Score
    How's the Operator? Any updates or photos?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No news but I 'll be seeing it this spring no doubt.

The old 150,000-plus Colt with the new top end, now at 12,000. (Starting I think at post #202)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post

Cracktrackerpic. I will eventually just mill this right out unless if falls off first. No downside, really.
    What is cracked in this picture?
    No matter how isolated you are and how lonely you feel, if you do your work truly and conscientiously, unknown friends will come and seek you.
    -Carl Jung

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I see a crack roughly parallel with frame rail, just above plunger tube.

The frame cutout for slidestop is a common stress/crack area.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, that's what I thought but I didn't understand Ned's comment to go along with the picture.
    No matter how isolated you are and how lonely you feel, if you do your work truly and conscientiously, unknown friends will come and seek you.
    -Carl Jung

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Love the 1911-bubba tea fights, complete with purse slaps.

Thanks for the entertainment, I enjoy it and seeing the local 19-eleben types shoot a mag or two before having to jimmy with this or that, before going back into the range bag.

When your life depends on it, better have the stopping power of that American steel 1911.

Scientific testing.

Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 05-01-19 at 11:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    When your life depends on it, better have the stopping power of that American steel 1911.

Scientific testing.

So, being one of the few threads I'm subscribed to in M4carbine - I got an email there was update, and it's this.

Welcome to 1985. It's been 34 years since the 1911 was put out of service (heck, even it's replacement is being replaced after 30 years of service) and yet you guys still feel the need to come find the 1911 subforum and discuss it's inadequacy.

Normally, I don't care - but what I do care about is we have a pistol smith with some pretty outstanding credentials that's participating in a thread (one of our last participating SME's in my estimation. Vickers is gone, Pannone is gone, Pat Mac is gone, who else?) that's giving quality hard earned data over the course of years.

People pay thousands of dollars to have him work on their weapons - professionals that's job entails making life and death decisions (Law Enforcement) because his opinion and skills are worth it.

He comes here and expresses it for free in what limited free time he has. I guess I'd just ask the next time you want to come and post a video of some guy with a pig and goose squeeling in the background throwing a pistol into a muddy pond - just go do it somewhere else please.

I tried being polite to the other gentleman and it went well - he also had the same line of thinking but to his credit he acknowledged the err and went on his way. Fair enough - thank you and I respect that. I've owned (ETA: actually only 6 glocks) and 2 1911's - I get it. I get it folks. We all... get it.

Just please be respectful to this thread - that's all I'm asking.

Mods, if I'm out of line then please delete my post or what not (I respect your authority and job here to moderate) but I'd rather have this thread not be locked because it's quality or die off because Ned gets sick of it. Ned - I appreciate you brother.

God Bless,

Brandon
    Last edited by BWT; 05-02-19 at 12:19.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post

Scientific testing.

download.jpg

Ok bubba, enjoy your 'EDC' 1911 which you keep at home in a drawer, at least when your wife lets you play with it at all.

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast