Thread: Best LMT loads

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Best LMT loads

So I'm looking to really get into reloading for my 16" LMT 1/7. I'm just wondering for those who have worked up some loads what has been the best recipe when it comes to reliability, and also loads for accuracy? Thanks again in advance.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well, sir...rifles are individuals, and each has its personal ammunition likes and dislikes. A good place to begin is a 69 gr. Sierra MatchKing over 24.5-25.5 grs. of Varget or some similar burn rate of powder. I generally use Winchester or Lake City brass and CCI 400 primers.

55 grain bullets run very well with 26.5 grs. Varget or Winchester 748, and the Sierra 53 gr. MatchKing with the same powder charge is extremely accurate.

Want something heavier for hunting? The 65 gr. Sierra GameKing with about 25 grs. Varget will deliver pretty good accuracy, though not quite up to the MatchKing's ability. The Nosler 60 gr. Partition does pretty well with 26 grs. Varget also.
    Last edited by JStor; 07-27-12 at 21:25.