Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W model 13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I did a search and came up empty.

Does anyone have experience with this revolver? Good? Bad? Can they handle hot 357 loads?

A buddy just bought one, I got a chance to play with it and really liked it. I was amazed at how fast, easy and naturally the sights aligned. The store he bought it from has a few more for $295. They are police trade ins. I was thinking of picking one up as a first revolver. HD/range/carry. In that order.
    That sounds like an excellent price for those. They supply of those is not getting any better. I plan to buy the next 3" I see on sight price within reason.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    That sounds like an excellent price for those. They supply of those is not getting any better. I plan to buy the next 3" I see on sight price within reason.
    Well i just bought the Model 13, 4 inch barrel. And they had a 3in barrel one with wooden grips for $350 ish, maybe a bit closer to $400 i dont remember.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    ...they had a 3in barrel one with wooden grips for $350 ish, maybe a bit closer to $400 i dont remember.
    I never seem to come across deals like this.

Well...to be completely truthful, I sometimes do, but it always seems to be a gun that I already have *two* of.

Congratulations on your new gun. I feel sure you'll love it, but even if you don't used S&W revolvers go up in value--not down.

Feedback Score
    S&W K-Frames are my absolute favorites I've carried custom K's built by Karl Sokol at Chestnutmountainsports.com since I turned 21, starting with a 3" M65, which is simply a SS M13. Back then, I was young and dumb and felt that every handloads I assembled had to be full power magnum loads. Over the years and well over 10,000 rounds of hot magnums later, the M65 was loose with flame cutting on the face of the cylinder and topstrap.

As I type this, I have a 2-1/2" M66 that Karl built for me on my hip. I also have a 3" M13 that Karl also built for me that I carry, too. He has another M65 that he's doing over for me now.

Here are my two Sokol snubs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgleg44 View Post
    S&W K-Frames are my absolute favorites I've carried custom K's built by Karl Sokol at Chestnutmountainsports.com since I turned 21, starting with a 3" M65, which is simply a SS M13.
    Karl Sokol breathed new life into my four-inch Model 29-2. He's the MAN for S&W work.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice! Like the look of the hammers

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A good condition 3" for $350-$400 is a great deal in my book. I'd jump on that in a hurry.
    "Shoulder to Shoulder"

Feedback Score
    It was the first handgun I ever purchased. I have had it for almost 3 decades, I will never give it up.

ETA I was at the gun show in the Philly expo center today. They had one in mint condition. 850$
    Standard grips blued 4 inch barrel and square butt.
    Last edited by Blueinterceptor; 08-25-12 at 21:04.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12