Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Afghan finalized

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Afghan finalized

First I had an ACOG on as a temporary optic. Then a NF 2.5-10X32 with an offset T1. Just put the SS 1-6X on, and this seems like the best match for the rifle.

Rifle is built around Rainier UltraMatch 14.5" barrel. FCG is an SSA.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Very nice Wes! I kept going back and forth b/t your optic and the VX-6 multi gun and ended up leaning on the Leupold which is FINALLY coming in next week but would still love to try out the SWFA for some long term use. Great optic and good choice for the price point on both scopes I think those are the two best 1-6s out there.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Lookin good! Do you have more detailed pics and thoughts on the 1-6? What reticle does it have?

Feedback Score
    That is a well put together system. I like it. I was so sick of FDE, but it has been growing on my lately.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Nice rifle!

How do you like the scope?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good looking build.

If you don't mind me asking why run the VG so far back? Using it as a hand stop?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Very Nice Man!

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    looks great!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Good looking build.

If you don't mind me asking why run the VG so far back? Using it as a hand stop?
    I know most guys like their VFGs up front, but I like to have the VFG back because that puts it close to the neutral balance point, which helps handling the rifle, especially if it is heavy like this one. I picked that up from my AR10, which is quite a beast. I haven't shot this rifle in this configuration yet though, so the positioning might change once I've got some extensive trigger-time with it.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    Nice rifle!

How do you like the scope?
    It seems very well built, and the glass is very very nice. The scope is very heavy though, but it also feels like it's built like a tank and could handle some punishment. It just came in yesterday, so those are just first impressions though.

Looking down the street at both 4x and 6x, the extra magnification seems like it will be quite useful.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast