Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have any experience with this food 'package'?

Feedback Score

Does anyone have any experience with this food 'package'?

http://www.costco.com/216-Total-Serv....11768138.html

I have been looking to increase our home supplies
    Costco Emergency Food stores
    thanks for looking

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Augason Farms makes a good decent product. Many people in Utah use their products as they are headquartered there & many people there are preppers. Are they Optimal NO, but that was not the question or purpose.

They are a little too high in sodium & Soy protein (TVP) content for my tastes but it will serve your purpose well & survive etc.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My one and only local Costco does not sell freeze dried foods which truly sucks as the store is stationed in a heavily Yuppie-fied Lib-A-Tard area who believes the government should supply everything necessary during a emergency.

Since sales were almost non-existent Costco dropped carrying any freeze dried items.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    My one and only local Costco does not sell freeze dried foods which truly sucks as the store is stationed in a heavily Yuppie-fied Lib-A-Tard area who believes the government should supply everything necessary during a emergency.

Since sales were almost non-existent Costco dropped carrying any freeze dried items.
    Man, I can't wait for the election so we can put some of the political crap behind us. I find your posts quite interesting and useful, and to be honest I have taken some of your ideas to heart. But damn dude, you're getting pretty out there with some of the political stuff lately.

Feedback Score
    I was wondering about trying online ordering

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome1228 View Post
    Man, I can't wait for the election so we can put some of the political crap behind us. I find your posts quite interesting and useful, and to be honest I have taken some of your ideas to heart. But damn dude, you're getting pretty out there with some of the political stuff lately.
    Nothing political about it I got this information when I spoke to a Costco manger asking why they were not carrying these F/D items when other Costcos did and if they could bring some stock in for members who wish to buy it.

I was told by this manger that Costco members complained there was not enough higher end specialty items which this manger stated was for the Yuppie class of customer (His words not mine).

So to shift resources they looked at what was not a big seller like freeze dried foods, camping gear and sporting goods items to reduced or eliminated such items to allow more of those specialty items that catered to a particular upper class customer.

Now seeing Costco stores in other states this is not the case were items like F/D items, camping and sporting goods which appeal to more middle class shoppers are in plentiful supply.

I may have been a little bias with my "Lib-A-Tard" remark but having shopped my local Costco since it has opened on a weekly basis I see the clientèle up close and my remark is not far off the mark.

Feedback Score
    Nothing political about it I got this information when I spoke to a Costco manger asking why they were not carrying these F/D items when other Costcos did and if they could bring some stock in for members who wish to buy it.

I was told by this manger that Costco members complained there was not enough higher end specialty items which this manger stated was for the Yuppie class of customer (His words not mine).

So to shift resources they looked at what was not a big seller like freeze dried foods, camping gear and sporting goods items to reduced or eliminated such items to allow more of those specialty items that catered to a particular upper class customer.

Now seeing Costco stores in other states this is not the case were items like F/D items, camping and sporting goods which appeal to more middle class shoppers are in plentiful supply.

I may have been a little bias with my "Lib-A-Tard" remark but having shopped my local Costco since it has opened on a weekly basis I see the clientèle up close and my remark is not far off the mark.
    I know Costco adjusts inventory on a store by store basis. It sucks that your local store carries less of the items that you would be interested in. You can't blame a business for stocking their shelves with items that sell. But that is kind of secondary to what I was getting at.

Maybe I took it out on you, and for that I apologize, but I have had enough of the polarizing, disrespectful, rhetoric-filled political atmosphere we are in. I can't turn on the TV or the radio, or apparently read a thread about freeze dried food without having someone's bias and agenda thrown in my face. In my opinion, it's this kind of attitude that is keeping the American people from progressing. The parties are happy to see us at each others throats. If we are consumed by are distrust and dislike of each other, we won't focus on what they are doing. We need to come together and stop letting the talking heads and fear mongers drive us apart. If we can't work together and have real dialog about the problems we are facing as a nation, how can we expect our representatives in government to do it?

Continuing with the name calling, disrespect and hatred simply widens that chasm that is already there. We need to start understanding what is important to the other side, and find common ground to stand on so that we can work together. The powers that be don't want that, because as soon as that happens and we see that the political parties-both of them-are our mutual enemy, they will be out of a job.

Sorry for the rant. I've simply had enough.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    No problem I see your point,

I was bitching about how a select economic class can dictate what a store stocks and sells and not a political statement.

The store is located in between a upper class area (Average Home cost is $450.000 and up.) and a middle class section and the store changed its inventory over to cater to the upper class which penalized the middle class customer who misses out on items like F/D which can be found in any other Costco but not this one.

Now I would bet that the middle class customer spends more money at this store then the higher class but I guess the squeaky wheel gets the oil and if espresso machines and custom coffees sell then I guess others have to miss out on slower selling items like F/D to make room.

Its all good since I had my remaining Costco membership refunded and will spend my money else where.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome1228 View Post
    I know Costco adjusts inventory on a store by store basis. It sucks that your local store carries less of the items that you would be interested in. You can't blame a business for stocking their shelves with items that sell. But that is kind of secondary to what I was getting at.

Maybe I took it out on you, and for that I apologize, but I have had enough of the polarizing, disrespectful, rhetoric-filled political atmosphere we are in. I can't turn on the TV or the radio, or apparently read a thread about freeze dried food without having someone's bias and agenda thrown in my face. In my opinion, it's this kind of attitude that is keeping the American people from progressing. The parties are happy to see us at each others throats. If we are consumed by are distrust and dislike of each other, we won't focus on what they are doing. We need to come together and stop letting the talking heads and fear mongers drive us apart. If we can't work together and have real dialog about the problems we are facing as a nation, how can we expect our representatives in government to do it?

Continuing with the name calling, disrespect and hatred simply widens that chasm that is already there. We need to start understanding what is important to the other side, and find common ground to stand on so that we can work together. The powers that be don't want that, because as soon as that happens and we see that the political parties-both of them-are our mutual enemy, they will be out of a job.

Sorry for the rant. I've simply had enough.
    Damn bro, I'm pissed too but don't let it get to you. Drink a cold one, get laid, and go to the range and shoot some shit (not necessarily in that order).
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    No problem I see your point,

I was bitching about how a select economic class can dictate what a store stocks and sells and not a political statement.

The store is located in between a upper class area (Average Home cost is $450.000 and up.) and a middle class section and the store changed its inventory over to cater to the upper class which penalized the middle class customer who misses out on items like F/D which can be found in any other Costco but not this one.

Now I would bet that the middle class customer spends more money at this store then the higher class but I guess the squeaky wheel gets the oil and if espresso machines and custom coffees sell then I guess others have to miss out on slower selling items like F/D to make room.

Its all good since I had my remaining Costco membership refunded and will spend my money else where.
    Sorry again for taking my frustrations out on you. I do see your point about Costco. Is there not another one around? I guess the bottom line is if they aren't satisfying the customer (in this case, you) then they deserve to lose the business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast