Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion: Defense Strategy

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPLOETHOS View Post

Who would have armored vehicles you speak of because I can only speculate ?
    Doesn't everyone????? If you don't you are way behind the power curve.......but i guess my artillery kind of makes it useless...........
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    OK, so I'll play along since your not going to be specific.

Who would have armored vehicles you speak of because I can only speculate ?

Cause I'm still wondering how your going to hide your location w/ Surveillance Drones ?

Of course avoidence is best.
    It's all speculation anyway. Someone's going to have them, does it really matter who?

If it comes down to surveillance drones with thermal capabilities sniffing me out, it's my time to go anyway and no amount of preparation is going to save me.
    Guitars, cadillacs, and hillbilly music

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Doesn't everyone????? If you don't you are way behind the power curve.......but i guess my artillery kind of makes it useless...........
    Your right Doc. What was I thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyRT View Post
    It's all speculation anyway. Someone's going to have them, does it really matter who?
    If it comes down to surveillance drones with thermal capabilities sniffing me out, it's my time to go anyway and no amount of preparation is going to save me.

I really do read this stuff & I was thinking who is he kidding avoiding other than Thugs/Gangs/Rip Crews etc...
    Now that's keeping it real.

Seriously, what the hell do you need these MRAP's for ? DHS / CBP / USCG /CGIS / OFO / DHSOIG / FAMS / FPS / USBP / USSS / HSI / ERO / ICE etc. for DTO's / Cartel Incursions etc. ? Seems like putting up an electrified fence is still the best long term cost effective solution etc.

The people that belittle & are diadactic to people (i.e. moniker them Tin Foliers) who are in full awareness can go suck on a rock.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

LOADED mags in EVERY 20mm/30mm/40mm cans. LOADED bandoliers, chest rigs, vests, and carriers as well.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Your right Doc. What was I thinking.

I really do read this stuff & I was thinking who is he kidding avoiding other than Thugs/Gangs/Rip Crews etc...
    Now that's keeping it real.

Seriously, what the hell do you need these MRAP's for ? What do they know that we don't ?

The people that belittle & are diadactic to people (i.e. moniker them Tin Foliers) who are in full awareness can go suck on a rock.
    WTF DHS? I'd love to hear them justify these, no wait, I wouldn't

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I need some clarity on your response so I can understand it.

"you're the target of any group with heavy metal, good luck. The best thing to do is completely disappear. Can't attack whats not there."

What / Whom are you referring to specifically ?

TIA
    Means he knows if I am on his case, he is ****ed!
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    well what a coincidence.
    Guitars, cadillacs, and hillbilly music

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This might not be directly on topic, but what happens when you encounter an issue with leadership? When I say that I mean more along the lines of how is it established who will be the clear cut leader until the dust settles? If you have a neighborhood full of Alpha personalities nothing will be resolved, and valuable time may be spent arguing and bickering about how something should happen and how it gets done. I personally live in an area that is filled with Military and I too am military. What I have seen even while on duty is there are often too many "Indians and not enough Chiefs" Strong leadership can be the difference in survival or death.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Wizardry is afoot.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IYAAYASwarrior View Post
    This might not be directly on topic, but what happens when you encounter an issue with leadership? When I say that I mean more along the lines of how is it established who will be the clear cut leader until the dust settles? If you have a neighborhood full of Alpha personalities nothing will be resolved, and valuable time may be spent arguing and bickering about how something should happen and how it gets done. I personally live in an area that is filled with Military and I too am military. What I have seen even while on duty is there are often too many "Indians and not enough Chiefs" Strong leadership can be the difference in survival or death.
    Actually it's a great question.

I have encountered many Alpha personalities in my years of contracting & teaching. I CAN be one as well.

The answer is be as self sufficient as possible. Don't be concerned with what others are doing & their drama. Nobody knows the duration, intensity, outcome, threats, catastrophies, NBC threat level, airborne pathogens, weather patterns etc. We (the US) has never been through this in our history. Get into a routine that works for you & your tribe. Everybody contributes in some manner/fashion. Slackers get the boot as they will get you killed or put up w/ them because they are older, younger, retarded, you feel compassionate or whatever. Your call & your truth, just beware in a true survival situation that dead weight is exactly that. Think priorities (Shelter, food, water, fire, beans, bullets, bandaids etc.) If you decide to put up w/ an incontinent inlaw or whatever because your wife/GF will not give you some sugar or LOVE you then it's your call.

When the dust settles there will be plenty of time to figure out who are the real deal survivors types, tribal leaders etc. I could go into more detail, but this should suffice.

TRUST is earned NOT given arbitrarily.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast