Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion: Defense Strategy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This thread has got some good thought provoking stuff in it. I am not sure about SOME of the content, but its always a good thing to hear more about what others are thinking "could" happen in the event of SHTF. I have not read every single post but has anyone mentioned anything about the fact that if stuff got bad enough the NG or authorities of some form were called in and tasked with disarming. This happened in the wake of Katrina, and IMO if something like that happened again I wouldnt doubt they try it again. Just a thought....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IYAAYASwarrior View Post
    This thread has got some good thought provoking stuff in it. I am not sure about SOME of the content, but its always a good thing to hear more about what others are thinking "could" happen in the event of SHTF. I have not read every single post but has anyone mentioned anything about the fact that if stuff got bad enough the NG or authorities of some form were called in and tasked with disarming. This happened in the wake of Katrina, and IMO if something like that happened again I wouldnt doubt they try it again. Just a thought....
    Pretty sure that topic hasn't come up in this particular thread.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Pretty sure that topic hasn't come up in this particular thread.
    Thanks. Let's say that (insert scenario here) occurs. The National Guard is called in to team with local Law Enforcement. They are tasked to remove and document each and every firearm in every house, leaving honest folks with nothing to defend themselves with. Knowing that some will deny having any or having them hidden somewhere else that they can access them readily. How would you handle this? Lie about what you have? The task force probably wont be around much longer than it takes to sweep the town. How do you handle something like this?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IYAAYASwarrior View Post
    Thanks. Let's say that (insert scenario here) occurs. The National Guard is called in to team with local Law Enforcement. They are tasked to remove and document each and every firearm in every house, leaving honest folks with nothing to defend themselves with. Knowing that some will deny having any or having them hidden somewhere else that they can access them readily. How would you handle this? Lie about what you have? The task force probably wont be around much longer than it takes to sweep the town. How do you handle something like this?
    That is a very unlikely event where I live so, fortunately, I don't think I have to worry much about it.

I sure as hell won't be opening my door, though, and if criminals break into my home I will act accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    maybe next we can debate how many school buses a 50bmg will go through?
    From the side, I'd say 2 for sure, maybe even 3.

From the front, just one. It would get stopped by the big heavy diesel block.

If it's self defense why do you feel the need to plant 'throw down' guns on them??

And what the hell makes you think that discussing your apparent plans to unjustifiably shoot people and then lie about what happened...on a public forum...is a good idea?
    He already said it was a joke. Dark humor. Sarcasm doesn't go over well in plain text form.

*Note to Chris Matthews, SPLC, Brady Campaign, DHS, etc:

Nothing to see here
    Last edited by SMETNA; 08-15-12 at 00:37.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If it's self defense why do you feel the need to plant 'throw down' guns on them??

And what the hell makes you think that discussing your apparent plans to unjustifiably shoot people and then lie about what happened...on a public forum...is a good idea?
    The convo went to um what to do if a government is re-established after "The Road" and you had to secure some heart beats. If it's SHFT there will be blood shed period. Yours and your family's or theirs. If you are in your AO and someone ventures onto your property who is "un-armed" are you willing to take the chance that they are a good Samaritan or a scout for a larger ruthless group? Maybe they have a concealed weapon on them that they intend to surprise you with, maybe they staged an injury and or simply ask for some food for their emaciated children to invoke your pity/humanity thus initiating an ambush on your ass. We have guys talking of body disposal, documenting events, etc. I'm not advocating or condoning illegal activities here. I'm provoking thought on some of the alternatives to how things can go. And no I don’t plan on murdering people and falsifying evidence. But if the emerging government is ran by the likes of say Pelosi good luck explaining to her highness that you shot a guy holding a screwdriver who was snooping around your stores while you were armed with the latest greatest evil black rifle.

Have you ever seen 'The Postman'?

"Uh... Strangers... I hate this. Do they want to share what they got or take what you got? Do you say 'hi' or do you blow them away?"
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 08-15-12 at 03:12.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    of the THOUSANDS of people i shoot with, work with, go to church with, am neighbors with, etc, I know one that has a vietnamese pot belly pig. of the 56,000 members on this site, i'd be surprised if more than a few dozen own pigs.

are we trying to be even a little bit realistic here? or just fantasizing about things we saw in movies?
    Lighten up Francis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just a Jarhead View Post
    We're simply talking about what the safest "stay out of jail" actions might be prudent to take "after" the shooting. We all know our legal rights where we respectively live and would not recklessly shoot without cause. Actions that we would take "after the shooting" in no way slow us down in taking action as someone already stated.

And you're right about what government might emerge. It may not be the one you knew and cherished prior, that saw things your way. There is no harm or foul, or life endangerment in prudently documenting "After the shooting" as best as is humanly possible. It can only help one, not hurt...in most cases anyways!

If I lived in the boonies and there were absolutely no witnesses things might be handled differently. It just depends on the totality of the situation at hand. But for most cases I would say document.
    Good comment.

What are peoples' opinions on including photographs? I see in a non-EMP event, a digital camera might be best as you could safely store the data card for later retrievel. Even buy a couple of cheapy disposal 35mm film cameras.

What I would be worried about is how those photos may be interpreted. For instance, I've seen guys mentioning use of ranging sticks/small flags on thier property. If one of those shows up in a photo, it might look very bad depending upon the authority's "attitude".

Perhaps some LEO guys might have insight into what "big picture/envirionment/crime scene" angles to incorporate? Certainly crime scene investigators have some procedural methods to best document a scene?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    some of us think about things beforehand. it's called planning. we don't lose any speed, and still gain the benefit of thinking.

Planning......is that what you call it? Do you have a plan for when you need to scratch your ass during a fire fight? Planning is very good but over planning for the sake of planning is stupid. It is a waste of time to “PLAN” for stuff that you cannot control or know the outcome of……in this situation you have no idea of what form or type of government will emerge after this theatrical SHTF situation. Do not take a theoretical discussion so seriously…….I plan, a lot, I mean a lot…….

so now the murders are premeditated and you're planning to destroy evidence, and you're publicly confirming the anti's claims about the 'gunshow loophole" that if you're planning to do illegal things with guns the best place to get them is from private sellers at gun shows. nice work there, lou. maybe next we can debate how many school buses a 50bmg will go through?
    And I was the second shooter on the grassy knoll ……..think THEY are going to come get me know.

And I think a BMG can take out at least 3….
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    Lighten up Francis.
    Thanks.....coffee out the nose......
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast