Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion: Defense Strategy

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    This isn't really defensive but having some preps staged in a garage and ready to go is helpful if you need to leave in a hurry.

I'd like to know why DHS has those. If anybody needs them, its CBP.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPLOETHOS View Post
    Your right Doc. What was I thinking.

I really do read this stuff & I was thinking who is he kidding avoiding other than Thugs/Gangs/Rip Crews etc...
    Now that's keeping it real.

Seriously, what the hell do you need these MRAP's for ? DHS / CBP / USCG /CGIS / OFO / DHSOIG / FAMS / FPS / USBP / USSS / HSI / ERO / ICE etc. for DTO's / Cartel Incursions etc. ? Seems like putting up an electrified fence is still the best long term cost effective solution etc.

The people that belittle & are diadactic to people (i.e. moniker them Tin Foliers) who are in full awareness can go suck on a rock.
    The more beers I drink, I think of this...

Dead Kennedys - "Police Truck"
    Ironic the album name is "Give Me Convenience, Or Give Me Death".

"And ride, ride, how we ride"... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI_hozYGZ9k

"Police Truck"

Tonight's the night that we got the truck
    We're goin' downtown gonna beat up drunks
    Your turn to drive I'll bring the beer
    It's the late, late shift no one to fear
    And ride, ride how we ride
    We ride, lowride

It's roundup time where the good whores meet
    Gonna drag one screaming off the street

Got a black uniform and a silver badge
    Playin' cops for real/playin' cops for pay

Let's ride, lowride

Pull down your dress here's a kick in the ass
    Let's beat you blue 'til you shit in your pants
    Don't move, child got a big black stick
    There's six of us babe, so suck on my dick

Let's ride, lowride

The left newspapers might whine a bit
    But the guys at the station they don't give a shit
    Dispatch calls "Are you doin' something wicked?"
    "No siree, Jack, we're just givin' tickets"

As we ride, ride, how we ride
    Let's ride, lowride
    Last edited by cinco; 08-05-12 at 20:44.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

MRAP pics

Well...****. Time to buy some SLAP rounds and a fifty.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rule #3: don't waste resources protecting everything in sight. Just because you have 100 acres doesn't mean it's realistic to attempt to secure 100 acres with limited resources. Secure 4 acres instead:

Decide what is your most valuable asset (water, shelter, food, fuel, power, weapons, vehicles, a road, a hill, a pond, a well, etc)

Then create an inner perimeter around that asset(s). This should have a clear 50m circle around it, free of anything adversaries could use as cover. 24/7 sentries.

An outer perimeter can cover other less critical assets. Random sentry patrols through here should suffice. Unless you have no comms. If you dont have comms, then stay within yelling distance to your friendlies.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Well, someone is planning on a fight huh?

Nope, nothing to see here.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rule #4:

Have some Thermite on hand to deal with large armored vehicles driven by criminals

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMETNA View Post
    Rule #3: don't waste resources protecting everything in sight. Just because you have 100 acres doesn't mean it's realistic to attempt to secure 100 acres with limited resources. Secure 4 acres instead:

Decide what is your most valuable asset (water, shelter, food, fuel, power, weapons, vehicles, a road, a hill, a pond, a well, etc)

Then create an inner perimeter around that asset(s). This should have a clear 50m circle around it, free of anything adversaries could use as cover. 24/7 sentries.

An outer perimeter can cover other less critical assets. Random sentry patrols through here should suffice. Unless you have no comms. If you dont have comms, then stay within yelling distance to your friendlies.
    Someone has read the Carver Matrix. That is very applicable to this topic.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the reminder Doc. I couldn't recall where I learned what I was saying

http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm34-36/appd.htm

CRITICALITY, ACCESSIBILITY, RECUPERABILITY, VULNERABILITY, EFFECT, RECOGNIZABILITY

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMETNA View Post
    Thanks for the reminder Doc. I couldn't recall where I learned what I was saying

http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm34-36/appd.htm

CRITICALITY, ACCESSIBILITY, RECUPERABILITY, VULNERABILITY, EFFECT, RECOGNIZABILITY
    It is the base that has been used in SOF since Vietnam. And it still work for small groups.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IYAAYASwarrior View Post
    This might not be directly on topic, but what happens when you encounter an issue with leadership? When I say that I mean more along the lines of how is it established who will be the clear cut leader until the dust settles? If you have a neighborhood full of Alpha personalities nothing will be resolved, and valuable time may be spent arguing and bickering about how something should happen and how it gets done. I personally live in an area that is filled with Military and I too am military. What I have seen even while on duty is there are often too many "Indians and not enough Chiefs" Strong leadership can be the difference in survival or death.
    Getting people to work together for a common goal can be just as hard as getting a plan together. Having a clear chain of command is one of the most important and difficult thing to do. Once that is agreed on the plan will seam easy. Focus on getting a leader. Sometimes when looking at a group like this you might have to "elect" a good person instead of the best person. Remember that.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast