Thread: Blackhawk/Rocky boot advice

Feedback Score

Blackhawk/Rocky boot advice

Looking for a pair of really comfortable warm weather boots. Considering the rocky sv2 and blackhawk warrior desert ops boots. Anyone have either or both and can give your opinions after having them for a while?
    Wearing them for range,general use, in civilian life, no extreme use. Just looking for something comfortable in a summer climate.

Feedback Score
    Never wore a pair of Blackhawks or that particular Rocky.

But every pair of Rockys that I have worn have been very comfortable and good quality boots that dont cost and arm and leg.

I have heard some people say that they liked the Blackhawk boots.

Hopefully someone can give you some better advice with personal experience.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have 2 pairs of the S2V"s and like them very much. Little to no break in and very light weight and comfortable. I liked the first pair so much, I bought a second.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had both, greatly prefer the Rocky's. The Blackhawks started to fall apart after 3 months in RC-East, toe stitching starting coming apart. The S2V's I've had for a year and a half and still GTG.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...and a lot of bitching.

Feedback Score
    I've had several pairs of Rocky's over the years. I always found them to be comfortable and reasonably priced.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The couple of people who I know that wear the Blackhawks say that they are very comfortable, but lack durability. They seem to fall apart quickly.

Conversely, the soldiers I know who wear the S2Vs say they are comfortable, and equally durable as well. They are an extremely popular boot among the .mil crowd.

And now the kicker... I was in the field for a couple weeks a few weeks back and we were co-located with some SEALs and a couple of ODAs and the half of them that weren't wearing Merrells were wearing Rocky S2Vs. If the cool kids are wearing it, its got to be good.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i have the sv2 boots.

i find them to be excellent. they required a break in periodf or me, so heads up.

i have never tried the blackhawk boots.

minor note, a cat ate the shoelaces on the rocky boots. i wasn't a huge fan of the laces anyway. i since bought new balance surelaces in white and died them tan with rit liquid dye. the dye doesn't sink in evenly on the laces since they are sausage laces, but the uneven tan tone is actually kind of nice, and it matches the rubber on the boots perfectly.

new balance actually makes tan laces from the factory but they only offer them with the OTB boots that they sell.
    Last edited by trinydex; 08-06-12 at 15:08.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, think I'll give the S2v's a try.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    You won't be disappointed. I have owned several pairs of SV2's, and they have been an outstanding boot.