Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: running a vertical foregrip and magpul afg... at the same time??

Feedback Score
    This is a case of "I can fit more shit on my gun than you".

Feedback Score
    I have felt that there's for sure a difference between long-term ideals in shooting and then there's short term ideals.

By this I mean that when we're shooting thumb over bore with an AFG we're utilizing our grip and muscles to go full speed with the most control. This isn't the first choice when you're very fatigued, however.

A VFG and / or other grip styles do suit fatigue more than an AFG. We end up with our hand further back, we begin using other muscles that are more commonly used, all that.

What the AFG is great for to ME is taking strain of the typical thumb over bore off the wrist, which does cause one to get fatigued. That doesn't mean it makes it perfect, but you get the point.

Where I see both the AFG plus a VFG coming in FOR ME is if I'm on a hunt and my backpack, jacket, and all that ckrap is hanging on me and these layers vary through my day. It is more productive to broomstick further back to get the butt in my shoulder which is covered in straps than to go all tactical some times for sure. Would I use a VFG as a pressure point? why the heck not.

I do not run both, but I wouldn't feel bad trying it for myself in the applications I personally have. A VFG is a handstop for me half the time, but I like the idea shown in the images posted.. the AFG VFG hybrid is perfection.
    Last edited by Casull; 08-27-12 at 23:12.
    Muzzle punch optional.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honorthecall81 View Post
    But why utterly useless? because nobody does it. His
    philosophy behind it was use the afg on quick closer
    follow up shots that need a quick target acquisition
    and transition and the VFG so he can brace his arm
    against his side for longer single shots.. kinda makes
    sense to me.

I read this far in the thread so someone after might have touched on what I am going to say: I would simply use the magwell grip if you feel that close quarters movement is impaired with a standard grip.

Frankly, between the AFG, standard VGs, and simple hand stops, they all function in 1 way; they all help you get a consistent grip. All consistency is lost when you have two grips made for convenient changes....It is easier to train with consistency than adding un-needed variables, IMHO. If your, and his, experience is different, more power to you. Just seems like a more complicated rig than it has to be...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hippie View Post
    Just laughed watching Stars Earn Stripes when I saw Nick Lachey with a SCAR with an AFG and a vertical grip.

As hilarious as it would be to watch that show, don't. I hate thinking that those douchebags look at their ratings and think about how awesome they are when, in reality, they are comic relief.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    reminds me of these two guys I saw pics of who were in the military running a grippod and a VFG.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    reminds me of these two guys I saw pics of who were in the military running a grippod and a VFG.
    Any time I found myself on a Super-FOB for some reason, pointing and laughing at those people was a great way to unwind. Pure, unadulterated, unfiltered - assclownery.
    Last edited by a0cake; 08-27-12 at 23:20.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honorthecall81 View Post
    I guess he is trying to think outside of the box..
    One should find the box in the first place, then live in it for a while before venturing forth..

It's not useles because "...nobody does it..." That's you taking facts and trying to shoehorn them into fitting a pre-conceived conclusion, instead of using facts to arrive at a reasonable one.

He's not a revolutionary for doing some weird, unnecessary, inconsistent hand-jive; he's just a spazz...

In our next episode....Dual-Wield, Sideways Pistols: Maybe the Gangstas are On To Something...?
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234