Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Which Leupold scope?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    I had a couple different larue mounts that wouldn't hold better than 3moa on any rifle I put them on. Called larue. "Your rail is out of spec." I hung up. (it wasn't out of spec btw)

I ordered ADM recon mounts, and did this review:
    http://www.primalrights.com/forum/vi...hp?f=27&t=1587

Notice the date on it. I still run those same ADM mounts and many others. THOUSANDS of rounds and they continue to perform and they don't give a shit what rifle they are on or if the rail is in spec or not. They hold zero and repeat.

1/2 moa, like a0cake says. Now its been a long time, and I haven't revisited it. There are more mounts that work to choose from now. a0cake knows his shit, and USES his shit... so if he says they work, they probably work. However, larue mounts are the same thing they always were, and everywhere I go I see people having the same problems with them that I did. They are inferior, plain and simple.

Now lets have all the rabid larue minions rip this post apart with mouths frothing and keyboards on fire. I can't wait.
    I can't speak for anyone else but I have used over a dozen different Larue mounts over the years with no issues. So maybe I am just lucky and these mounts are on work guns and three gun rifles not safe queens. I had an ADM mount for an Aimpoint ML2 and it was a pain in the ass to adjust. It was either loose or way too tight with nothing in between. A friend of mine with the Troopers has had his ADM mount loose zero just riding around in his trunk. I have not tried Bobro they seem fine from the reviews. I have running an optic experiement a few years back and during that test I fired one rifle with several optics in Larue mounts. I was testing for speed and accuracy with the various optics however I found no zero shift when mounting the optics on and off the same rifle several times over a few days.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 08-20-12 at 02:24.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    I use what works and don't care what's inscribed on it. My testing lead me to Bobro. If Mark comes out with a new system that outperforms the Bobro in some respect, I'll gladly switch over.
    Absolutely.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else but I have used over a dozen different Larue mounts over the years with no issues. So maybe I am just lucky and these mounts are on work guns and three gun rifles not safe queens. I had an ADM mount for an Aimpoint ML2 and it was a pain in the ass to adjust. It was either loose or way too tight with nothing in between. A friend of mine with the Troopers has had his ADM mount loose zero just riding around in his trunk. I have not tried Bobro they seem fine from the reviews. I have running an optic experiement a few years back and during that test I fired one rifle with several optics in Larue mounts. I was testing for speed and accuracy with the various optics however I found no zero shift when mounting the optics on and off the same rifle several times over a few days.
    Pat
    In the last five years I've used over 50 one piece QD mounts from nearly all of the well known manufacturers and have done quite a bit of RTZ "adjusting" as I swap optics on rifles (mostly ARs) all of the time. I'd rank Bobro first and the ADM two lever models second.

I've had problems with RTZ and holding zero using the ADM Scout mount:

I've only used one of these, the latest production iteration, and it may have been a manufacturing issue. Note that this particular model only has one QD lever and one recoil lug. The two lever QD ADMS with their two recoil lugs have been stellar.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    Still holding out hope that the 1-6 w/ TMR will be usable on 1X, but I'm not expecting much.
    Did you ever figure out the answer to this?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789