Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sock Question...

Feedback Score
    My feet are sensitive to scratchy wool. Smartwool does not bother me and I find them to be quite comfortable. For those out there who may be exposed to flash, better wool , than synthetic socks.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I didn't know people other than Smartwool made socks...

I buy them at www.4gearheadz.com for about 75% off.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Underarmour socks here.

Feedback Score
    I've had very good success with Thorlo's...specifically, the "Moderate Cushion Boot with Exclusive THOR-LON and X-STATIC " (sorry, just bought a pair at Clothing Sales, and they are sitting on my desk).

Granted, it's a uniform boot sock, but combined with my well-worn Belleville 390's, my feet haven't been more comfortable while in uniform.

As an aside, did I mention how ACU's suck?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Underarmour socks here.
    What do you think? Wear/durability/etc?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    What do you think? Wear/durability/etc?
    I like them very much, but I'm not too particular as to the "model" I buy. I also wear their short ones when running and am happy with them for that purpose as well.

Day-to-day in my work boots I just wear Dickies work socks, which are just plain-ole cotton and do me just fine. But when I'm wearing anything gore-tex or when I'm running, I like that the Underarmours get the sweat off my feet and I find that I don't "prune" like I do with non-wickers like regular cotton.

Feedback Score
    I wear Underarmour in Black. I wear them every day and have for 5 years. I bought them because they were and still are $20 for 4 pair. That was the cheapest I found good wicking socks.
    Better equipment doesn’t make you a better shot. Better practice makes you a better shot.

I’m not impressed by a lifetime warranty. I’m impressed by something built to last a lifetime!

American by birth, Veteran by choice!

Eric

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I like them very much, but I'm not too particular as to the "model" I buy. I also wear their short ones when running and am happy with them for that purpose as well.

Day-to-day in my work boots I just wear Dickies work socks, which are just plain-ole cotton and do me just fine. But when I'm wearing anything gore-tex or when I'm running, I like that the Underarmours get the sweat off my feet and I find that I don't "prune" like I do with non-wickers like regular cotton.
    I really dig my UA socks, but they aren't holding up quite like I like... Couple seams are popping.

I'd probably buy them again though, particularly if I just got a bad few pairs. Very comfy.
    Keep your powder dry.

M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I am a tactical marketing professional. PM for details.

Feedback Score
    I use Smartwool socks, the expedition socks, mountaineering socks and the biking socks. Bridgedales are good as well. The Smartwools are made with Merino wool, its not the same as the ragg wool socks that I used to use (always with liner socks). The Smartwools and Bridgedales can be used without liner socks.

I do prefer coolmax socks though for biking when its over 60 degrees, especially the ones I get for free.
    There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Smartwool socks are made with MERINO WOOL... a very unique wool.

My favorite by far, due to its plush content of Merino wool is...
    WIGWAM "Comfort Hiker" Merino Wool Socks.

65% merino wool goodness... It keeps warm in the cold, cool in the hot, and resists foot funk for days (long camp trips), all with no scratchies.

Many brands call their socks Merino Wool socks, but many have 20% or less of the wool, so buyer beware...

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast