Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banning of rob_s?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm part of the moderation team for a very large forum. We regularly run into the issue where a popular long-time member gets to be too much of a handful and must be severed from the community. It always sucks to have to make this kind of choice, but it's necessary for forum health and continuity.

I'm not saying that's what happened with Rob, but I can see similarities.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 08-08-12 at 21:33.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    Very poor decision by board management.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I'm part of the moderation team for a very large forum. We regularly run into the issue where a popular long-time member gets to be too much of a handful and must be severed from the community. It always sucks to have to make this kind of choice, but it's necessary for forum continuity.

I'm not saying that's what happened with Rob, but he shows some of the signs.
    What signs do you speak of? Open dialogue, intelligient commentary, honesty? Please educate me.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You are incorrect. One of the senior Mods or Staff will be by shortly to explain. Until then everyone remain calm and civil.

Quote Originally Posted by halo2304 View Post
    Aparently, someone got their knickers in a twist (butt-hurt) over a post he made on his Tactical Yellow Visor blog about training which made no specific mention of M4C. It's too bad. I like his approach to firearms, gear, etc.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezerman1 View Post
    What signs do you speak of? Open dialogue, intelligient commentary, honesty? Please educate me.

Nice try.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Nice try.
    Oh I see, a super mod like you doesn't need to explain himself. I see signs of a heavy duty keyboard commando.....

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezerman1 View Post
    Oh I see, a super mod like you doesn't need to explain himself. I see signs of a heavy duty keyboard commando.....

Just stop

Feedback Score
    I just want to know what "signs" of a bad member are so I know how to fit in properly.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Rob has been the most discussed member behind the scenes here, by a wide margin. The very reason he kept his account status for as long as he did is because we all see the value from his posting when he is having a "good day".

The problem is that he has a lot of bad days too. Those bad days mount. The abrasiveness wears down even the hardest rock among our staff, and eventually, most caved in to simply making the problem go away. The totality of every comment comes back to roost when a discussion is had among the staff on what to do with any member. There were at least three 15pt infractions on his account, and countless 1-on-1 counseling in place of formal infractions. In the end, a simple ungrateful comment can be one's undoing after a pile of other comments have already determined your fate.

It's probably for the best though, as Rob always seemed discontent with how this forum was run, its content, its members, and its staff. We are simply doing what Rob himself should have done when he realized he hated it here so badly. We cut ties with him.

The internet is a big place, we all don't need to hang out at the same place and beat each other up. He does good things, and can continue that somewhere else.

The staff and moderators of M4Carbine.net wish Rob the best.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12