Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Paratus 16 Rifle

Feedback Score
    It was designed to meet a list of criteria from an agency request. And then built to meet that requirement Other than that, I can only assume that whats left is being released for us to play with.

There has been some comments about the finish and such, Its no Weatherby and I doubt that it was ever pushed that way.

But its obviously all machined and not run from a casting so that by itself will cost a pretty penny. What, 5 plus hours of machine time..(assumption on my part)

Yep! Its expensive but !

Feedback Score
    We are the International and Gov distributor for the Paratus, I've personally got several thousand rounds through it and can answer any questions y'all might have.

From the comments above -
    -$5600 is the MSRP, they can be found online for the civilian market for $4800-$5200 depending on barrel configuration.
    -ACR looks are solely due to the use of the ACR folding stock, we have also fit it with a PRS stock but that removes the folding option.
    -Upper and Lower are just like every other AR receiver with the exception of the "guide rod" above the bolt to make up for no buffer tube. Gas tube is medium length AR. Safety, Bolt Release, Mag Release are all standard AR. We have one configured with all BAD ambidextrous parts and they work fine.
    -Yes to the Noveske Switchblock. Three positions, Off, Suppressor, and Semi-auto. In Off it runs similar to a bolt gun and must be charged with each round.
    -We've got about 10,000 rounds through one gun, no headspace issues so far and the barrel really does lock in tight. There is a spanner wrench if you want to crank on the barrel but when we tried it we noticed zero improvement in accuracy and virtually no movement of the nut from beyond handtight. We're right at 1 MOA right now with the 16 inch barrel, slightly better with the 18 and slightly worse with the 12.
    -Yes, you can get a .308 rifle for less money, but you can't conceal it in a 17inch laptop bag, 3 day pack, or 10x14 case. It was built for a very specific requirement and it meets that requirement very well.
    -There is a pin that goes through a groove on the barrel nut to ensure the barrel nut cannot loosen while shooting. The pin is under the quick release and also prevents the foregrip from coming off if the quick release is opened.

Hope this answers some of your questions, let me know if I can answer anything else. There's a video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp5U3dnZKMg if you're interested.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456