Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $100 dollar transfer fee??? Ugh...

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Most gunshops in CA save for a select 1 or 2 (tenpercentfirearms) charge between $75 and $150 for any out of state transfer. Any good deal you get on a gun out of state is now more expensive than it wouldve been in their store. Thats why I retained my CO citizenship and just bought all my guns when I was home on leave.

Feedback Score
    $20-$25 is the going rate where I'm at. 2 or more and they're $15 each.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Is that $100 transfer in CA exclusive or inclusive any state fees that get charged? Don't they have extensive reporting and/or checking they have to do? (working vaguely from memory)

Here in Utah I know an FFL who charges $15 for the first and $5 for any additional done at the same time. If you don't have a Utah CCW he charges you like $7.50 or whatever he gets charged for the state check in addition.

--
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    Is that $100 transfer in CA exclusive or inclusive any state fees that get charged? Don't they have extensive reporting and/or checking they have to do? (working vaguely from memory)

Here in Utah I know an FFL who charges $15 for the first and $5 for any additional done at the same time. If you don't have a Utah CCW he charges you like $7.50 or whatever he gets charged for the state check in addition.

--
    DROS/Background Check (Dealers Record of Sale) is usually $25 and seperate of the $100 fee.
    The $100 fee the dealers ask is pure profit that they want for the customer trying to save money by buying online instead of from their inventory.
    Last edited by AR15barrels; 08-10-12 at 19:09.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15barrels View Post
    DROS/Background Check (Dealers Record of Sale) is usually $25 and seperate of the $100 fee.
    The $100 fee the dealers ask is pure profit that they want for the customer trying to save money by buying online instead of from their inventory.
    So it is exclusive.

I know what transfer fees are for, especially high ones

But there are dealers who wrap all the government fees into their transfer fee and there are others who have separate government fees from their transfer fee, which is why I asked.

--
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    $75 is the going rate around my way...simply because the competition charges around that price.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Anything over $50 is unjustified, and even that is too much. Should be $30 maximum.

Feedback Score
    If they can charge that and make money, more power to them.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I just don't know that I could look a customer in the face and say that too them. Is this why CA gun owners always seem pissed off?

C4

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My FFL charges $27. $25 for the transfer and $2 for the state fee. One of the reasons I stopped going to the last place is because the owner once told me he was going to jack up the transfer fees to force people to buy stuff from his shop.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast