Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Defense Institute (TDI) TacRifle I video review

Feedback Score

Tactical Defense Institute (TDI) TacRifle I video review

I recently took TDI's TacRifle I. It was a blast of a 3 days class. Can't wait for 2 and 3 in the next 2 months. I made a little video from the class. If anyone is in the vicinity of TDI I can't recommend them enough.

TDI TacRifle I Video

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I watched up to the positions segment and the prone shooting afterward. I'm wondering what their instructions were regarding using a magazine monopod. The technique wasn't being utilized in the clip, and I'm wondering if that was deliberate, and if so, what the stated rationale was.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    I watched up to the positions segment and the prone shooting afterward. I'm wondering what their instructions were regarding using a magazine monopod. The technique wasn't being utilized in the clip, and I'm wondering if that was deliberate, and if so, what the stated rationale was.
    They didn't really talk about bi or mono pods and I don't think anyone really asked about them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    They didn't really talk about bi or mono pods and I don't think anyone really asked about them.
    Well, if you got through a class that covered the prone position and you're not sure what I mean by "magazine monopod," then I'd call that a red-flag for the instructors. I'm not saying they're incompetent, but it's a little odd that it didn't get brought up.
    Last edited by a0cake; 08-28-12 at 02:33.

Feedback Score
    Well, if you got through a class that covered the prone position and you're not sure what I mean by "magazine monopod," then I'd call that a red-flag for the instructors. I'm not saying they're incompetent, but it's a little odd that it didn't get brought up.
    I never said I didn't know what they are. I know what they are. I'm just saying that they didn't talk about them in the class and none of the students asked about them. Some people were using bi-pods, some people were just on their bags, some people had sand bags. Didn't see anyone with a magazine monopod.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    I never said I didn't know what they are. I know what they are. I'm just saying that they didn't talk about them in the class and none of the students asked about them. Some people were using bi-pods, some people were just on their bags, some people had sand bags. Didn't see anyone with a magazine monopod.
    Oh okay. I just wasn't sure because of the way you're phrasing it, IE, "didn't talk about bipods or monopods" and "didn't see anyone with a magazine monopod." Everyone presumably had magazines in their AR's, so really, they all had magazine monopods - if you know what I mean.

Not being critical. Really. I just saw the segment when you're shooting prone unsupported and thought, "why doesn't he put his magazine on the ground?" That's all.
    Last edited by a0cake; 08-28-12 at 02:41.

Feedback Score
    Oh okay. I just wasn't sure because of the way you're phrasing it, IE, "didn't talk about bipods or monopods" and "didn't see anyone with a magazine monopod." Everyone presumably had magazines in their AR's, so really, they all had magazine monopods - if you know what I mean.

Not being critical. Really. I just saw the segment when you're shooting prone unsupported and thought, "why doesn't he put his magazine on the ground?" That's all.
    No problem. Its all good.

Feedback Score
    I'll see what they have to say about it next month when I'm there for TR2 though.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Agree. This is really is the best option IF you have to shoot prone. For it not to be taught is odd to me.

Was just at Hackathorn's carbine class in PA. He basically stopped teaching kneeling and prone shooting (as there are more important things to concentrate on).

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 08-28-12 at 11:21.

Feedback Score
    Video is nicely done. Thanks for posting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast