Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Presentation from the Holster

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Tactical Training View Post
    This is not shooting for competition. This for a combative application.
    What is the difference between shooting a target or targets as fast and accurate as possible with a set of conditions you do not determine and combat?

Feedback Score
    This can go back in forth all day long. Take a Combat Focus Shooting class. There are instructors all of the US. That's where you are going to get the gist of the whole program, not here on a forum.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    So this is just an advertisement then?

Feedback Score
    Call it what ever you want. But ask yourself can you really learn about the program from one thread or one technique. No, you cannot. So that's why I'm saying take a class. You can't become an expert about something you have limited or no exposure , especially on a forum. That's why I stated, take the course.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Then wouldn't speaking in absolutes also be best left to classes?

Multiple instructors I respect give Rob lots of praise, don't take this as me slamming him or CFS, but none of those guys cite anything as 100% no questions asked the best. Clarification as to how it has been determined this is the best would be nice.

Have you recorded any amount of objective data to compare techniques?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    I usually just come out of the holster shooting wildly. By putting a few into the dirt as I raise the muzzle to presentation level, you really let the bad guy know that you mean business...
    that would be the cold steel/lynn thompson method:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEFMul65PUA#t=7m00s

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Holy crap...
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    SWEET Eight and a half pound baby Jesus!!!
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Tactical Training View Post
    From all of the training I have done over the years, I have seen many ways of presenting or drawing your handgun from a holster. They were all pretty much the same. It was a choppy step by step method. I never liked this to begin with. The draws always seemed jerky and never seemed really smooth. Some could say I was doing it wrong. That wasn’t it. Because of the motion required and so many reps to get down, it is difficult to have everything
    flow together. It required stopping or having a designated spot for your weak hand to grip the gun. I believe this method is an inferior method.

With the help of empirical evidence, we have seen time and time again that people who have trained with a designated spot for their hands to meet are shooting one handed. Subconsciously they are realizing it is more important to get the gun out on the bad guy then stop to get a two handed grip. Because of this, they are shooting one handed. This is mainly seen with the Weaver Stance.

Combat Focus® Shooting’s method, which I am a certified active instructor, is the best method. Here is the method.

1. Grip the gun and beat any retention devices.
    Attachment 13226

2. Pull the gun straight up and out of holster.
    Attachment 13227

3. Orient the gun to the threat.
    Attachment 13228

4. Extend the gun into and parallel with your line of sight and at some point as you are pushing the gun out, establish your grip with your weak hand.
    Attachment 13229

This requires less time, effort, and energy to perform. Starting out it will be a little jerky as you learn the new skill. Only after a few reps, people are able to smooth the presentation out. This makes it the most efficient draw I have seen. I am open to the idea of a better way. If there is a better way, I want to see it and try it out.
    Wow cool, OP, do I have to be one of your combat shooting teachers to get the little "registered" symbol on my keyboard?

sent from my gun using my sights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    Wow cool, OP, do I have to be one of your combat shooting teachers to get the little "registered" symbol on my keyboard?

sent from my gun using my sights
    Nope ®
    Type alt+0174 and you can be a registered trademark too!
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast