Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eastern PA range for training/drills?

Feedback Score

Eastern PA range for training/drills?

Is there anywhere in the general vicinity of Eastern PA where I can go hang up an IDPA target or three, do rifle drills, pistol drills, transitions, movement, etc? Membership ranges are fine, as long as they aren't as greedy and terrified of the neighbors as my current club is. I'm all for safety, but after I demonstrate my proficiency just let me go shoot for christ's sake. I shouldn't have to download my 1911 mags to 5 rounds until I take a $300 pistol course on top of my membership fees.
    Last edited by 1911-A1; 08-14-12 at 19:26.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I taught up at Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club in Beaver Falls, PA last year.
    Decent range, hosts IDPA (might do USPSA as well, not sure), and they bring in well known instructors frequently for classes.

http://bvrpc.org/index.html
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Eastern PA is a pretty big area, but in Southeastern PA, there is New Holland, Southern Chester County, and Lower Providence, among others.

New Holland is looser than Southern Chester County, but I'm not sure about Lower providence. New Holland will let you do pretty much whatever you want with a pistol.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Depends where in Eastern PA you are located, I guess. I live in Philly and still go out to Lancaster for rifle shooting. I am a member at New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club.

http://www.nhrpc.org/

It's a great club that hosts some IDPA, 3 gun and practical/precision events along with NRA competitions. The yearly membership is a bit 'spensive but I like the range and have no issues springing for the extra couple dollars.

They have a lower pistol range where you have multiple, separated lanes to do your thing without bothering, or being bothered by, the other shooters. There's a decent amount of steel targets down there, reactive and stationary. There is an upper pistol & rifle range that is currently 25/50 but I think it's being pushed to 100 yards soon. When it's not super busy I have done movement drills and closer range rifle stuff. You're not supposed to but I have done it with no questions asked

If you like to shoot distance, they go out to 600 yards with I believe 8 target stands at 600 with a pit equipped with lowering targets. At 300, 400, 500 and 600 there are steel silhouettes and some other small steel targets.

I will always maintain a membership here. It is not a grumbling old man that hates anything that ain't an "Aught six" type place for the most part. Even most of the members of the elected board are younger and understand that there's a growing number of shooters that aren't shooting seated, bullseye .22 pistol and sighting their muzzle loader in once a year. Not that there's anything wrong with that stuff.

Anyways, I'm done selling my rifle range. When I just want to shoot pistol nearby, I go to Double Tap indoor range in NE Philly. You will always have your fair share of assclowns that you should watch or leave when they arrive but it is a decent option in Philly. I have never been approached in regards to drawing from concealment but then again, I'm not an assclown.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm a member of SCC range. If your looking to go shoot I'd be more then happy to bring you along. It's a good place and I've been meaning to go

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This."

https://www.facebook.com/Blak1508
    Instagram Blak1508

Feedback Score
    op which range do you belong to now ?

Feedback Score

Any luck?

OP, did you find a good range?
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Guthsville, in Orefield, PA Versatile layout

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Flowers View Post
    Guthsville, in Orefield, PA Versatile layout
    Guthsville is very nice indeed .

Feedback Score
    I’m a member at Ontelaunee in New Tripoli. Once you are a member you can shoot what you want (no downloading mags either). They have a pistol range where you can setup plates, but it’s not big enough for rifle use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast