Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MSBS - new Polish assault rifle

Feedback Score
    There will be more variants of MSBS. FB Radom got grant (around $4mln) from Natonal Center of Research and Development (NCBiR - govt agency) to prepare 3 aditional variants of classic rifle: SBR, DMR and LMG (IAR) (rifle and rifle/greande launcher are ready) and 5 variants of bulpup rifle: rifle, sbr, DMR, LMG and rifle/grendade launcher.

Last edited by montrala; 12-03-12 at 06:59.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    do any of you watch SyFY I swear this looks like the rifles that was used in last weeks Saturday "Dragon Wasp"

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by warpigM-4 View Post
    do any of you watch SyFY I swear this looks like the rifles that was used in last weeks Saturday "Dragon Wasp"
    I watch, but they did not air this series in Poland. Worth anything? BTW Design mockups (3D prints) of regular and bulpup MSBS were presented over 2 years ago and then traveled on every major military exhibition. Maybe series prop guys saw them and liked them?

Basically regular version is ACR/SCAR inspired in ergonomic design. Bulpup design is to some part "forced" by requirements of maximum parts commonality with regular rifle. For example bulpup upper starts from same profile that regular one, but is machined slightly different. Bolt, gas blocks and barrels are supposed to be same.

What I find particularly interesting in bulpup version is position of magazine release (C). It is ambi and you can reach it with trigger finger. It is also doubled near magwell (F), to allow support hand use. Bolt release is positioned centrally, on back of magwell (G) and can be activated buy thumb after inserting magazine. Will see how it work in real rifle, but design is promising.

http://www.altair.com.pl/news/view?news_id=4810

Actually, original concept (gen 1 technology demonstrators) allowed to put one upper on 2 different lowers - regular and bulpup. But later it was dumped, as it restricted bulpup design too much.

Those are old ones (sorry for crappy iPhone pic):

In those old ones to go from regular to bulpup you needed to remove lower, remove lower part of handguard, remove stock from upper, then add butt plate, top cover on rail (cheek rest) and bulpup bottom.
    Last edited by montrala; 12-03-12 at 11:32.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

Feedback Score
    Those are great photos Montrala! I've had some passing interest in this Polish design before, but hand't realized there was the potential for a bullpup setup!

Do you know if they'll have a booth at Shot Show this year?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    thats it look in this video you will see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjUvHd0rmRU

NRA Member

Feedback Score

POLSKI-CARBINSKI

Great pics ... that's an interesting borrowed concept the've chosen. And a lot of options. ( bullpup)
    Amateur Shooter... Professional Accumulator // Don't do anything Stupid; Don't let Stupid do anything to You.
    TAKE YOUR TIME......... IN A HURRY.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by warpigM-4 View Post
    thats it look in this video you will see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjUvHd0rmRU
    Thanks, but this wanted me to install some s....tware and I do not take any chances
    Montrala

Feedback Score
    I'm just wondering if changing the barrel requires tools or is it a qcb similar to the ACR? Do you know what the unit cost of this rifle would be for the Polish military?
    Last edited by M995; 12-04-12 at 18:58.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    Thanks. My impressions are also very good. But there are still issues to work out. For example good thing is QD sling attachment sockets on rend of stock and end of lower receiver (for 1 point), but there is none in front on handguard. Top of gas block is uncovered, because "it look good to have angled end of handguard" - come on! Charging handle needs to be enlarged or made folding or angled down - in current configuration any optics mount on rail above charging handle travel will interfere with rapid operation of charging handle. And so goes. This and other suggestions were discussed with me with managers and constructors from factory. I also forgot to mention that it is not very heavy. Empty rifle weights about 7.9lb

Prototypes that we were shooting were finished literally overnight before demonstration. We shot several hundreds of rounds with each in very short time, including full mag dumps. Everybody was very impressed. When rifles became very hot, we had some two or three stoppages. Those were stovepipes - carrier catch spent case on feeding. Ejector springs probable need to be stiffer.

Weak points? One for sure is magazine - it uses AR15 mag, due to popularity. But it for sure is not best magazine for reliability (but Lancers L5 AWM used did not skip a beat). Also magazine did not drop free. Other weak points will probably came out during more in depth testing.

I can say, that this rifle looks too good to be true. But I hope it will survive.
    Using AR15 mags is a good thing. Having lived through the ban over here from 94-2004 I understand the advantage of standard mags. Plus AR15 mag weakness are very overstated. Pmags work great and USGI mags also work fine in my experience.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    DELETE.
    Last edited by Magic_Salad0892; 12-05-12 at 05:26. Reason: I'm an idiot for not noticing the ACR style bolt release/catch.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast