Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win M70 Extreme Weather vs Rem Mountain

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    If you are talking about the pre-64 type claw extraction controlled feed action yes it is
    Last edited by Watrdawg; 08-24-12 at 07:45.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    3-4 weeks ago I picked up the Win M70 Ext Weather in 7 mm 08 I was thinking about. I put a Leupold VX3 4.5x14 x50 on it. I used Talley bases and rings. Yesterday was the first chance I got to sight it in. I sighted it in at 200 yards. I couldn't shoot it for groups after sighting it in because I had to get to my daughters volleyball game but I was able to get a 5 shot group off. 5 shots, center to center, went into a nice 1.3" group. The MOA trigger is very nice also. No over travel and it breaks cleanly. Not like snapping a glass rod but cleanly at 3.5lbs.

Basically I'm thoroughly happy with it and have no regrets choosing it over the Rem Mtn rifle

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    3-4 weeks ago I picked up the Win M70 Ext Weather in 7 mm 08 I was thinking about. I put a Leupold VX3 4.5x14 x50 on it. I used Talley bases and rings. Yesterday was the first chance I got to sight it in. I sighted it in at 200 yards. I couldn't shoot it for groups after sighting it in because I had to get to my daughters volleyball game but I was able to get a 5 shot group off. 5 shots, center to center, went into a nice 1.3" group. The MOA trigger is very nice also. No over travel and it breaks cleanly. Not like snapping a glass rod but cleanly at 3.5lbs.

Basically I'm thoroughly happy with it and have no regrets choosing it over the Rem Mtn rifle
    OH NO YOU FORGOT THE PICS
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Is this a classic Model 70 action we are talking about here?
    All of the new Winchesters are CRF, different company now any off the push feed guns will be New Haven guns.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Here is a pic of the rifle. Didnt take pics of the group since I was in such a hurry. We sighted in this rifle and my 45-70 the MrSmith worked over for me. I also include the 45-70. The 45-70 is a thumper. My shoulder is a bit bruised. Fun to shoot for sure.

Last edited by Watrdawg; 11-05-12 at 07:35.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    By the way I was shooting Hornady 139gr GMX Super Performance ammunition in my 7mm08. I haven't tried the Federal TSX or Trophy Copper that I purchased also. If It is any more accurate that the
    Hornady I'll be very amazed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12