Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt 6920 - No staking on Gas Key

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

New Colt 6920 - No staking on Gas Key

Today a friend of mine purchased a Colt M4 LE6920 Brand New from Wal-Mart. He had me over, and I performed a quick inspection. First thing I noticed upon removing the M16, Colt, "C" marked, BCG, was that the gas key on the carrier was NOT staked at all. I could not believe my eyes.

This is the second issue I have personally seen recently. I was inspecting a Colt in another local shop recently that had a broken bolt release. The "tooth" that holds the magazine follower down was broken and the tooth missing. Unknown if another customer looked at it, handled it and broke it. Shop owner believes if came, recently in that state.

I love Colts, believe in them and own an older Large pin 6920. This breaks my heart. It happens I guess. We'll see if Wal-Mart takes it back or Colt will remedy the situation. Stand by.

Last edited by TacMedic556; 08-21-12 at 17:14. Reason: photo link

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Colt only sends crappy 6920's to Wally World!

The broken bolt catch is most likely because someone dropped the hammer with the lower separated from the upper. See it all the time.

C4

Feedback Score
    Anyone can have an off day.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    i saw this thread and had to check my 6 week old 6920. (honestly i didn't even know wth staking was)
    i'm staked

i got mine from my lgs/pawn shop
    i like dating homeless girls.
    when you're done with them
    you can drop them off anywhere

Colt 6920(x2, soon to be 3), Glock 30s (×2), gen 4: 19,21.
    m70ab2 u/f, wasr

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacMedic556 View Post
    Today a friend of mine purchased a Colt M4 LE6920 Brand New from Wal-Mart. He had me over, and I performed a quick inspection. First thing I noticed upon removing the M16, Colt, "C" marked, BCG, was that the gas key on the carrier was NOT staked at all. I could not believe my eyes.

This is the second issue I have personally seen recently. I was inspecting a Colt in another local shop recently that had a broken bolt release. The "tooth" that holds the magazine follower down was broken and the tooth missing. Unknown if another customer looked at it, handled it and broke it. Shop owner believes if came, recently in that state.

I love Colts, believe in them and own an older Large pin 6920. This breaks my heart. It happens I guess. We'll see if Wal-Mart takes it back or Colt will remedy the situation. Stand by.

Get Colt to fix it or get it staked yourself. I'm not sure why you would return the rifle.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    As the great Ken Hackathorn says... "Even a monkey falls out of the tree once in a while"

Just get it staked and run with it.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Pretty much echoes of what I told him. Good to hear. He is planning on contacting Colt and just getting it staked or getting them to send another. It sounds promising. The fit and finish and everything else seem top Colt quality.

Feedback Score
    I would just stake, and counterstake it. Tell Colt that they let one slip. I've heard that their QC department really wants to hear stuff like that so they know what to look for.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You should take those pictures down because if Scott Ryan sees them his head is going to explode like in that movie, Scanners.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    You should take those pictures down because if Scott Ryan sees them his head is going to explode like in that movie, Scanners.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast