Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Colt 6920 - No staking on Gas Key

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe that carrier makes three Colt carriers I've seen that weren't assembled and staked properly. I've only been looking at them deliberately and critically for a decade or so though.

Other manufacturers would kill to have Colt's defect ratio. Stake it and drive on. Thanks for posting proof positive that no one is perfect.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I was looking over 4 new Colt 6720's last week, and quickly noticed that one of them was missing the front sling swivel... odd thing for a QC person to miss.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt only sends crappy 6920's to Wally World!
    Well it is from Walmart. It's probably a Chinese Colt!

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Colt has gone a little gay lately. Tan guns? MOE guns? Silly piston gay guns? Next they'll be endorsing Hussein for another term!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Colt has gone a little gay lately. Tan guns? MOE guns? Silly piston gay guns? Next they'll be endorsing Hussein for another term!
    I'm with you on the hoMOE guns. However, I think the tan anodized guns were a good idea, and the piston gun is cool.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    I was looking over 4 new Colt 6720's last week, and quickly noticed that one of them was missing the front sling swivel... odd thing for a QC person to miss.
    From what I've seen and this is an assumption of mine, but every distributor and dealer I've seen has been snatching up anything in adonized black and goes bang according to several LGS I've been to. Look at the high end manufacturers on back order right now. It's impossible to get some models without an extensive search. I've been haunting Grant's site for different things and he's out of stock for most uppers and lowers. Palmetto can't keep uppers or lowers in stock for the most part either. I've checked other sites and they are mainly out of stock as well.

Could be that demand is seriously outweighing production and things are going to get missed in the madness pushing increased production. Everyone is preparing for the October/November election year rush by ordering everything they can and manufacturers are having a hard time keeping up. If a sling swivel or improper staking is the only thing missing out of all the ones that have been shipped, I'd say that's a pretty good track record.

But overall, in the election year madness, I think we will all see things that are going to get missed by tired and overworked QC folks even on a "Tier 1" rifle. Doesn't mean they are going to be substandard overall as I'm sure the customer support folks will take care of it.
    Last edited by Grand58742; 08-22-12 at 16:14.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I think Colt must have had a batch slip out without the keys staked. This is the 4th report I have seen in the last 30-45 days and I believe they all originated at Wally World.

Something to keep an eye on for sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wait, what's wrong with the MOE guns, I think they're a pretty good value out of the box. Is it that the parts don't add any additional shooting capability and just look nicer?
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I recently purchased a Colt BCG and the gas key was not staked either. I ended up buying a Brownells staking tool so I fixed it myself. Too bad there arent board members who would provide a staking service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    Wait, what's wrong with the MOE guns, I think they're a pretty good value out of the box. Is it that the parts don't add any additional shooting capability and just look nicer?
    I find the standard furnature to be more comfortable. But I would be rollin' a Tango Down pistol grip, LMT stock, and KAC rail over anything regardless.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast