Thread: DDM4v1 Upper EXTREMELY tight!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

DDM4v1 Upper EXTREMELY tight!!

So my Daniel Defense upper showed up today and I'm very pleased ( as I always am with DD products ) but one thing I ran into was that when I put it on my DD lower it was so tight it barely would go on. It had to be forced on. I've had other DD uppers on this lower before so I know it's not that. I've never seen one this tight before. Has anyone else ran into this yet with a DD upper? If so how did you fix it? Did it loosen up after being fired? Did you file the part of the upper that the takedown pins go through? Thanks

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My 2 DD upper receiver groups need the front takedown pin hammered out with a tool. But other than that, they have been tops.

Not sure whether or not my receivers were contracted out (I know they used DSA in the past).

But my experience with DD is their customer service is top notch, and if you are not happy they will take care of you.

Out of curiosity, can you see the flat on the receiver above the gas tube hole? If so, is it marked with anything?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    My 2 DD upper receiver groups need the front takedown pin hammered out with a tool. But other than that, they have been tops.

Not sure whether or not my receivers were contracted out (I know they used DSA in the past).

But my experience with DD is their customer service is top notch, and if you are not happy they will take care of you.

Out of curiosity, can you see the flat on the receiver above the gas tube hole? If so, is it marked with anything?
    Did yours have to be forced together? Mine is so tight I can't even remove the rear pin and lift it up like you normally do to clean or remove the bolt. It won't even budge.

I'll check and see if there is any markings by the gas tube hole.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Our upper and lowers are mated together as a pair to ensure proper fitment with a minimum amount of play between the two. However, they shouldn't be so tight that seperating the two would be troublesome.

If you are having difficulty removing your upper from your lower, I would consider that too tight and would ask that you send it in for inspection/repair. If you would like to do this, please give us a call and we will put you in contact with a customer service rep that can take care of you. 866-554-4867.

S/F

Joe
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    Our upper and lowers are mated together as a pair to ensure proper fitment with a minimum amount of play between the two. However, they shouldn't be so tight that seperating the two would be troublesome.

If you are having difficulty removing your upper from your lower, I would consider that too tight and would ask that you send it in for inspection/repair. If you would like to do this, please give us a call and we will put you in contact with a customer service rep that can take care of you. 866-554-4867.

S/F

Joe
    The other uppers and complete rifles I have owned from you guys have always fit tight with no slop at all but this one seems to be a little too tight. I actually have to align the upper forward on the lower and then slide it back to get them together. It is impossible to put them together by just dropping the upper straight on. Once it's together the pins slide in and out just fine so I know that part isn't the issue. It's just like the nubs on the upper are just a tad too thick or something. I haven't shot it yet or anything. Should it maybe loosen up after being used or taken apart and put back together more?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well after messing with it a little bit taking it on and off it is getting a lot better. I can separate it and put it back together with the front pin in. I just have to give it a little pop to get it apart. Not a big deal. It felt like there might have been a little bit of a burred edge on the nub of the upper that has to be worn down. Not a big deal at all.

Feedback Score
    I had a little trouble at first, but when I did my first cleaning I made sure to rub some clp on the takedown pins as well as the holes they go through in the lower. I haven't had any trouble since.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well I went out and put some rounds through her today and when I went to clean it it came apart fairly easy. I think it's right where it needs to be now!