Thread: DDM4V3 W/Omega X rail?

Feedback Score

DDM4V3 W/Omega X rail?

I took my Daniel Defense M4V3 apart today to prep for Froglube treatment. I was surprised to see that the entire handguard/rail system is supported by 4 tiny allen head screws. Any opinions on how much droop will be caused with the addition of lights and optics? Is this the normal means in which these type of handguards/quadrails are supported?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yes its normal, some people do not get a warm fuzzy from the mounting procedure but DD knows what it is doing. Those rails can take a butt ton of abuse and keep going......

Optics are typically run on the receiver.

Unless you are strapping an old school 10lb D battery Maglite out there I cant see how it would affect your system.
    Last edited by Split66; 08-22-12 at 10:04.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    DD knows their rails.

There won't be any droop no matter what crap you bolt on.

It's GTG.

ETA- the rail's not held on by those allen screws, they just tighten it against the barrel nut to prevent any movement.
    Last edited by JasonM; 08-22-12 at 12:54.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    DD knows their rails.

There won't be any droop no matter what crap you bolt on.

It's GTG.

ETA- the rail's not held on by those allen screws, they just tighten it against the barrel nut to prevent any movement.
    How would you describe "how they are held on or mounted"?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Lots of information available through the Orange search button near the top of the page.

https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=4693053

How I got there:
    Search -> Advance Search -> Keyword "omega x" -> Select "Search Titles Only" -> Find threads with "(no prefix)"

I have an Omega X on my 6920 and I've had zero issues with durability. Of course, I'm just one man's opinion. Read the other threads out there and draw your own conclusions. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Look up the DD torture test video. That's an Omega X on the carbine in the test.