Thread: "NO Boosters" or The Arginine Paradox!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

"NO Boosters" or The Arginine Paradox!

BrinkZone author Monica Mollica explains who the
    Arginine based "No Boosters" may actually help, and who should not bother
    wasting hard earned $$$ on these products.

The Arginine Paradox – find out if arginine based NO boosters really work for you

By Monica Mollica

Some of the most popular supplements today are the so called pre-workout nitric oxide (NO) boosters 1, 2. These contain a panoply of ingredients, but the main one is arginine. The rationale goes that arginine is a nitric oxide (NO) precursor and NO is a potent vasodilator 3, 4, which in turn supposedly will boost blood flow to exercising muscles, performance and recovery. And while arginine supplementation is beneficial for various clinical populations (see below), studies in healthy adults have not unequivocally supported the marketing hype surrounding arginine supplementation and nitric oxide boosters 1, 5, 6. Why? Let’s take a look under the hood…

Cont:

The Arginine Paradox!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you read BrinkZone author Monica Mollica article on why arginine based NO products fall short for healthy athletes, you will *REALLY* want to read part II: what does work!

"Nitrate supplementation has robust NO-like effects, including increased performance, enhanced exercise tolerance, reduced blood pressure and cardiovascular protection."

This is a tour de force on the topic of nitrate supplementation (VERY science heavy) but a MUST read article.

Nitrate Supplements and NO!
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Good article but I still have questions.

Once upon a time I took L-Arginine as a way to increase energy since I was on my feet a lot at the ranch and whatnot.

I didn't think it did diddly.

The article mentions that most nitrates/nitrites are in the diet, but are their other supplements (especially of nitrites) and what are the best ones?

Does one take these supplements with food or on an empty stomach?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Good article but I still have questions.

Once upon a time I took L-Arginine as a way to increase energy since I was on my feet a lot at the ranch and whatnot.

I didn't think it did diddly.
    It didn't. Per first article, there appears to be some people that arginine supplements make sense, normal healthy active types are not one of them and no "energy" will be had from it.

The article mentions that most nitrates/nitrites are in the diet, but are their other supplements (especially of nitrites) and what are the best ones?
    Beet Root juice appears the highest concentration and what was used in the studies she covers in the article. I'd drop a comment under her article for more details as this is her area of expertise as you can see.

Does one take these supplements with food or on an empty stomach?
    See above. Not sure that's been examined, but as her that one.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info: