Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Layman's Guide to Bugging In or Out (A Collective Work in Progress)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurpygeek View Post
    Great thread.

On the window security films... any thoughts on the fact that they might slow someone down from getting out of a window during a fire?

I saw the comment about firemen getting through them quickly with an axe, but it's not really feasible to keep an axe near each window (especially with kids).
    If you are inside you should be able to simply unlock and open the window, like always.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    If you are inside you should be able to simply unlock and open the window, like always.
    Right, and now I sound stupid, but there are instances where a window frame may be jammed (from heat for instance... remember the fire?) and breaking glass may be a necessity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lurpygeek View Post
    Right, and now I sound stupid, but there are instances where a window frame may be jammed (from heat for instance... remember the fire?) and breaking glass may be a necessity.
    I had to do this as a teenager (damn I'm old!) ~20 years ago. window unlocked and up, but then the storm window wouldn't budge. had to break it and it was TOUGH.

I'm interested in hearing more about this.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd keep an axe in the room if you're that worried about it, because if it's properly installed with the edge sealant it would be difficult to get the glass out of the window any other way. A better solution would be to keep your windows in good condition and check them frequently to ensure they are lubricated and able to be opened.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789