Thread: pre-mounting cleaning

Feedback Score

pre-mounting cleaning

just got my barrel for my first build, i am ignorant and could not find the answer on a search, how well should i clean off the factory grease/oil from the barrel/bore before installation
    Last edited by Un4seen4; 08-22-12 at 19:04.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Just wipe off any excess and install the barrel. Run a dry patch through the bore before shooting.
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    the star chamber has quite a lot in it, get the big chunks?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    You got it

The dry patch should pull out any grease that gets in the chamber itself. You just want to make sure the bore and chamber are clear.
    Last edited by Eric D.; 08-22-12 at 20:10.
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    if your asking about the area the bolt locks into, I stick some folded paper towel in a slot ended cleaning rod, rotated it to keep it wrapped to it goes into that area(towel and chamber area soaked in gun scrubber or other cleaner), then twist the other direction, and its ussually cleans up real quick. Anything left will be in the lug slots and I pull them out with a qtip. I detail clean my guns before shooting, and keep them extra wet the first couple range trips with frequent cleaning until everything starts to loosen up. Just how I do it, not saying its the best way or anything.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-23-12 at 00:43.