Thread: Aftermarket trigger for Arsenal AK?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Aftermarket trigger for Arsenal AK?

I could never warm up to the heavy, gritty 2 stage triggers that come in the Arsenal SLR's.

What would be a quality replacement trigger group for an Arsenal AK? I'm not quite sold on Tapco's G2, although I've heard the trigger pull on those are very crisp.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The G2 may be the only thing Tapco got right!
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    yup G2, but they bought the design, at least still making em right

Feedback Score
    I have an Arsenal (not the two-stage... just normal one) and a Tapco G2. They're about the same except the G2 has a corner and the Arsenal is a lot more comfortable.

You may look into switching to the other Arsenal, or letting the one you have break in and smooth out (if it hasn't yet).

I'm not aware of any other good FCGs. Anything else I've heard of is adjustable stuff (which I wouldn't put on a serious rifle...).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Krebs Custom Ak that came with a G2 trigger that is unbelievable. I also recently bought a Arsenal SGL 21 for a backup ak that had their stock trigger in it . The Arsenal trigger was probably one of the worst triggers I have ever had. One of the first things I replaced in the Arsenal AK was the trigger. I switched it to a G2 trigger with a Krebs retainer plate. I is a night and day difference from before. The G2 in the Krebs is still way better but they work them on their AKs.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    In my experience, the Tapco triggers are usually pretty smooth & trouble free.
    If you're looking for adjustable, there is also the Red Star Arms trigger.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Question

Any of you gents ever experienced a double fire or ND with your G2's?

I read in an AAR during a Vickers AK class where he addressed this after a student who was running a G2 in his rifle experienced a ND. Just wonder how common this is amongst the hive.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=53111&page=2
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Nope - in fact with my 105 I COULD NOT bump the rifle - no matter how hard I tried.

It was very easy to do on my friends SAR-2 with factory FCG.