Thread: Help IDing an old magazine

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Help IDing an old magazine

I acquired an unusual magazine in a lot of magazines I purchased for cheap and was hoping someone could help me ID it. The floorplate on it was blank so of no help. The follower in it is shorter than a normal black follower and the front of the magazine is extra thick. Heck maybe its not even an AR magazine, just looks exactly like one externally, took a couple pics so hopefully that helps, I should have taken a picture of the follower next to a normal black follower but did not think of it when I was taking the pics, will do that if it would help.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's a WAY old M16 blank training mag.
    The block in the front is to prevent anything but blanks being loaded into it and also keep them aligned better in the mag as they are shorter and more want to shuffle in a regular mag.

Feedback Score
    Yep. Blank mag. Kind of a neat relic. Not really worth anything that I'm aware of, but neat to have. They don't come up very often. I'm sure most of them probably got trashed along the way, but it is a cool and rare find if you're into obscure things like that. It might be worth something to the right collector.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Awesome, thanks for the replies. I actually do enjoy finding the odd items like this. Was there only certain companies that made these or any idea what the floorplate for one of these would have been? I have some unmarked prebans that I need to sell so I have many various floorplates. I could save one for this if I can figure out who it may have been made by.

I'm actually not 100% it was a blank floorplate that was on it . It may have been the DSL Sanchez Ent. floorplate I have. I bought 3 mags as a group and this mag was one of the 3. I pulled the DSL off one of them and put it with some other floorplates when I was cleaning them up before I realized the body/follower was different than the others. Wish I knew for sure as I like to keep odd things as orginal as I can.

Thanks again for the help ID'ing this, its been sitting on my desk for awhile wondering about it, just havent gotten around to asking.
    Last edited by TreeFarm; 08-24-12 at 17:47.