Thread: Rapidmag - review

Feedback Score

Rapidmag - review

You asked me for a review when I got my hands on one....well, I did.
    Before I go any further, I have a few comments:

1. I am not associated with any company, especially any here - regardless of what you think and what you accused me of before you blocked me for 3 days - I see you blocked my first post too.....
    2. I looked up "astroturfing" - looks like something somebody accuses somebody else of when they are associated with the companies who must own this site - something you accused me of.
    3. You "experts" aren't necessarily.....something I won't accuse you of.
    4. By the venomous reaction to it, I am guessing somebody out there is feeling threatened by a great new product....just say'in.....

My review (if you even care......since I'm not an "expert" or am I bought and paid for by some company on here):

The Rapidmag is light - I weighed it - 4.8 ounces - so much for all that weight you all said would be on my picatinny....don't even notice it - AT ALL.
    The housing is injection molded out of some kind of dang tough polymer with brass inserts and steel screws. The larger screws and nuts for clamps appear to be aluminum - probably to reduce weight - they work great, no issues. I worked on the whole thing pretty hard and it is tough, tough, tough!! Military grade for sure....
    I tried it on picatinny and belt - it will mount about any way you want on either. The belt clip rotates 180 degrees or snaps straight into the bracket on the housing. Lots of configurations to try to find what you like best. Very easy to do.
    Bulky housing? Hardly! The spacing off the picatinny is perfect. Hanging off my belt, I didn't notice it was there even with a 30 round mag installed. As a matter of fact, wore it all one day and forgot it was there until I reached for my pouch and found it instead. I also sat down in my car with it on and didn't realize I had forgotten to take it off. I'll never use another pouch!
    It has a progressive release - very smooth, has a great feel, and does NOT prematurely release. I beat it around for several days and it never once erroneously released. There is a trigger guard to ground your thumb so you can instantaniously find the trigger when you want to release your mag. You don't need to see it, you can feel it and works great at night. You can't even mess that up!
    I took it apart. They said there were extra springs inside and there is. I doubt you will need them, although I am guessing somebody will tear it apart or do something stupid and lose one, so nice to have.
    They said magazine swaps in a second. TRUE. With hardly any practice! So you experts just keep on spending hours practicing your technique. I'll use these.
    Oh, by the way, those newfangled centerfire cartridges reload quicker than the flintlock you all are probably still using - just thought I would address that nasty "stick with tried and proven" equipment statement one of you made when I first asked about this item. I still ask the question, how does something get tried and proven in your world?
    So picture this: I can drop a mag and insert in 1 second, versus a mag clamp where I have to pull the one out first, move it and reinsert. Twice as long!
    And I was right about the Kydex friction holders. Have to fight the mag out, up, down, up - 3 motions. Better be a big fat guy so the belt stays down as it trys to follow the mag as you pull it.
    Out of the rapidmag, 2 motions - down, up, no fight - it is SMOOTH and FAST. There is no drag, there is no fight, there is no adjusting, and there is no stupid rubber band around it.
    Oh, and somebody said to use a "Redi-mag" (must be a company rep). It is in the way of the bolt release and it's trigger doesn't work as well (you push it in from the side - exactly the same way anything else can accidently release your mag), it won't hook to your belt or MOLLE gear - that, and it costs 3 times more.....take it for what it's worth.
    Rapidmag has a part formed up inside the housing that keeps your top round grounded back so you don't have one of those shell forward situations and have to bang your mag on something to re-seat before you can get it into the receiver well - nobody else has that, especially your pouch. Seems to work too.
    So bottom line is, I have ordered two more of these. Great product, great price, and the outfit that builds them gets 5 stars on it's other products in all the reviews - look it up - Trimag.
    Oh, one more thing - I don't care what you "experts" think.....I'm using them.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FasterBetter View Post
    The Rapidmag is light - I weighed it - 4.8 ounces - so much for all that weight you all said would be on my picatinny.
    That's impressive that they've managed to make a loaded mag + hardware weigh 4.8 ounces.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    FasterBetter,

Instead of attempting to rub peoples noses in shit, you could have a wrote a half assed review that wasn't writtien altogther so as to make people lose interest in the first 30 seconds.

In addition, punctuation and spelling go a long way as well. In any case I am glad that said product works for you. But, I'll guarantee you that on the mean streets of real world, it wouldn't stand the test.

Before this turns out like your last pissing contest, I think we will leave it.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com