Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Range Day

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What's the abort criteria for this? I know it's supposed to be scattered thunderstorms, just wondering how everyone feels about it.
    If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'

Rain or shine, I know most of us will be there.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it. I would have loved to shoot in the rain. I honestly didn't even look at the weather till this morning and saw the post from last night.

I'd want to see how my Vortex 1-4x would of held up and if fogging would have ensued. Also wanted to see what my can will do in the rain.

Nonetheless, forces out of my control has me watching our daughter today so my wife can be expedient in running some errands. Our daughters 1st bday is on Oct 2nd.

Sorry for the trouble of making the stands for my steel. I'll be sure to make up for it in the future if this happens again. If anything, i can send some SWAG your way from my Bin of Free Sh!t. Anything from new Revision Eye Wear to MC Combat Shirts to hats lol

p.s. If you can post a lunch update or PM me or do both when you guys break for lunch, that would be great. If I can leave Hampton Roads by 12 noon ill roll out there. Really depends on my wife and when gets home. Hopefully her day will start early since I'll have our daughter.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Hey guys, I just wanted to thank everyone for yesterday. It sucked that I had to bail early, but while I was there it was awesome. Jack and JSantoro, thanks for helping me try and figure out my Noveske. I broke it down last night because of how hard it was to pull the charging handle at some points and it was pretty gummed up (though I've seen a lot worse in photos here). It hadn't been that long since I cleaned it so I'm not sure why it was so dirty. I noticed a lot of increased wear on the charging handle when I pulled it out too. The black coating had been stripped off in many more places, leaving a shiny metallic look which I thought was interesting. Whether any of that had anything to do with the problems I was getting, I don't know. But I think this may have been a contributing factor:

Not sure how well you guys can see it, but the gas rings on the bolt are all jacked up. I don't know much about them so I'll tart looking, but do you guys think that may have been it?

And thanks again VMI-MO for setting this up, it was good to meet some of you guys finally and do some actual shooting.
    Last edited by Wake27; 09-30-12 at 09:38.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Yup those gas rings are toast.
    Email me your address and I'll send you a new set.
    Honestly that's like step two in the diagnostic process, but when your upper ran on my lower and then ran on your other lower I thought that the issue was solved.
    For those reading, wake was having failures to feed/chamber. Initially looked like a magazine related issue, and then a lower receiver issue. Should have done a bolt swap but got dragged down the wrong rabbit hole when the upper worked on an alternate lower. Remember, jf you are having cycling issues, check the gas system early, and keep in mind that the bolt and bolt carrier group is 1/2 of the gas system.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well, dang...

Nice to see that it's a simple fix. You haven't even broken 2k rounds on that one yet, right, Wake...?
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Well, dang...

Nice to see that it's a simple fix. You haven't even broken 2k rounds on that one yet, right, Wake...?
    Yesterday pushed me over 2k, but not by too much since I started having issues early. My estimate puts the total round count at about 2,200.
    Last edited by Wake27; 09-30-12 at 11:29.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wake27, glad to see you figured out what was wrong with your carbine.

I'd also like to add my thanks to VMI-MO for setting this up and F2S for running us through some awesome drills. I really appreciated the tips and advice you guys provided.

All in all, it was one helluva way to spend a rainy Saturday.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Agreed Matt.

Thanks guys, that was a truly awesome experience.

Best,
    Harold

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Wake27, glad to see you figured out what was wrong with your carbine.

I'd also like to add my thanks to VMI-MO for setting this up and F2S for running us through some awesome drills. I really appreciated the tips and advice you guys provided.

All in all, it was one helluva way to spend a rainy Saturday.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    To echo everyone else, big thanks to VMI-MO for putting together an awesome range day. The opportunity to run more dynamic drills, such as some of the ones we ran on Saturday, doesn't come my way very often. Thanks to F2S as well, both for running the drills, and for giving me some helpful pointers along the way. It was an absolute privelege, gents.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    ...All in all, it was one helluva way to spend a rainy Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgcorrea View Post
    To echo everyone else, big thanks to VMI-MO for putting together an awesome range day. The opportunity to run more dynamic drills, such as some of the ones we ran on Saturday, doesn't come my way very often. Thanks to F2S as well, both for running the drills, and for giving me some helpful pointers along the way. It was an absolute privelege, gents.
    Damn straight!
    One of the best days I've ever had on a range- in the rain no less.
    Both surprised myself at some things, and had an eye-opener on others. It was also really great to get some real-time pointers on technique and gear from a variety of people that know what the hell they're doing, as well as put some names to faces.
    When they finally invent a way do directly download info from on persons brain to anothers, it will be a good day.

Unfortunately, now this accursed forum is going to be to blame for yet another pillaging of my nonexistant coffers.... I really need to start following rainbows or growing a money-tree or something.

I only wish I had gotten more than 5 rounds on the Thompson before it went down...
    And taken some pics or video- a clip of Jack running the multi-target shoot'n move drill with the Thompson would have been great for show and tell.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345