Thread: VCAS Quick Disconnect Question

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

VCAS Quick Disconnect Question

For those who use the quick disconnect on the VCAS sling, do you install it on the hand guard end or the stock end? Why?
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    My first one had it towards the handguard and I liked that one. At some point they changed the design so that it was towards the stock.

I bought those for my whole squad and they hated that to a man. The hardware made it bulky and made the rifle hang weird. It also put the hard plastic buckle right on the shoulder which was uncomfortable when worn for long periods. Most removed the buckle. Sample of 6.

That was approximately 4 years ago. Since then I have run the G&R version with hard sewn QD swivels, so I don't know how they are currently coming. Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I run all of mine without it, but If I did use it, I'd keep in the rear. For me, and the short time I did have them on my slings, it was the most convenient place for it and easiest to reach when the rifle was slung.

All of mine use QD front and rear, so that's part of the reason I don't use the disconnect.

JEL458, that makes sense about it being right on the shoulder. If I'm not wearing any kit, sometimes the adjusters would dig in the way I used to have it set up, as well as feel awkward when the rifle was shouldered.
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; 08-26-12 at 16:31.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe