Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's everyone beef with DPMS?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What's everyone beef with DPMS?

I have been looking at some threads and it doesn't seem like anyone likes DPMS. I'm not trying to start a words war, I just want to know what's the beef with DPMS?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Crap parts

Edit: I forgot crap assembly.

Feedback Score
    It not only DPMS it Olympic Arms, Double Star etc manufacturers who produce substandard parts that fail.

Feedback Score
    223 chambers even though marked 5.56

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cody0341 View Post
    I have been looking at some threads and it doesn't seem like anyone likes DPMS. I'm not trying to start a words war, I just want to know what's the beef with DPMS?
    Some people like them,... I do. I have several and know where lots of others are that have happy owners. The biggest problem with DPMS is that they don't say COLT on the side. Some people think anything that is not Colt Noveski or LMT is garbage. Granted you do get what you pay for and for those whose life is on the line It makes sense to cover your bets and get the BEST. But, don't let any one fool you, Even Colt, Noveski and LMT fail, break down and have a lemon slip out from time to time. OTOH there are many thousands of average joe plinkers who would be wasting money to spend extra. Every time I pull the trigger on one of my DPMS's it goes bang and they are more accurate than most people can shoot. If you have the Need and/or the means spend a crap load of money and get something better than the Middle teir Ar's. If you just want a fun gun to shoot get a DPMS or whatever and don't look back.
    Ricky

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_arthur View Post
    Some people like them,... I do. I have several and know where lots of others are that have happy owners. The biggest problem with DPMS is that they don't say COLT on the side. Some people think anything that is not Colt Noveski or LMT is garbage. Granted you do get what you pay for and for those whose life is on the line It makes sense to cover your bets and get the BEST. but don't let any one fool you, Even the Colt, Noveski and LMT fail, break down and have a lemon slip out from time to time. OTOH there are many thousands of average joe plinkers who would be wasting money to spend extra. Every time I pull the trigger on one of my DPMS's it goes bang and they are more accurate than most people can shoot. If you have the Need and/or the means spend a crap load of money and get something better than the Middle teir Ar's. If you just want a fun gun to shoot get a DPMS or whatever and don't look back.
    Ricky

I couldn't even read half of what you wrote.

ETA: No reason to take this as a chance to complain that you can't afford better stuff which was it seems you are doing.

DPMS doesn't have a lemon slip out when they label .223 chambers as 5.56 or they somehow manufacture a rifle that won't accept KAC parts.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    The biggest problem with DPMS is that they don't say COLT on the side.
    Actually the biggest problem with them is they use garbage parts. Compare one of their LPKs side by side with a CMT, LMT or Colt LPK and you'll see the difference. Then do the same with a BCG. It's more that what is stamped on the side.

Some people think anything that is not Colt Noveski or LMT is garbage.
    There are others that put out rifles in the same price point as DPMS that are significantly better weapons. The three you mentioned just happen to consistently put out a quality product. That means something to some folks.

Granted you do get what you pay for and for those whose life is on the line It makes sense to cover your bets and get the BEST. but don't let any one fool you, Even the Colt, Noveski and LMT fail, break down and have a lemon slip out from time to time.
    Why not talk about what great fit and finish DPMS has as well. Every manufacturer puts out a bad whatever it is they make from time to time. How they handle the bad product and how consistent they put out a good product is what separates the junk from the quality.

OTOH there are many thousands of average joe plinkers who would be wasting money to spend extra. Every time I pull the trigger on one of my DPMS's it goes bang and they are more accurate than most people can shoot.
    If you have the Need and/or the means spend a crap load of money and get something better than the Middle teir Ar's.

Advising people to buy quality vs inferior is wasting their money? I always thought buying inferior and paying money fixing it was a waste of money.
    BTW: DPMS isn't a mid tier AR.

If you just want a fun gun to plink get anything except a DPMS or Oly and don't look back.
    Ricky
    Fixed that one for you.

Feedback Score

Its all good. Depends what you want and "CAN" afford

My dad was a proffesional mechanic ( really good one). His tool box was full of high dollar Snap On tools (when they were really good). He always told me if you make a living with your tools buy the best you'll never regret it. The other stuff was for novices or week end (back yard mechs).

So where as Colt, LMT, etc. would be the Snap on (make living with tool....). The DPMS would be the Craftman ( weekend warrior, novice etc.......)

Its all good. Depends what you want and "CAN" afford. Lots of mechanics start out with the craftman tool. Then work their way up to the GOOD stuff............

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Buy the best you can afford, and if you can't afford the best, save up a little longer.

A firearm is a tool, and it is a tool that when you need it to work...IT NEEDS TO WORK. Period.

Don't skimp.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Buy the best you can afford, and if you can't afford the best, save up a little longer.

A firearm is a tool, and it is a tool that when you need it to work...IT NEEDS TO WORK. Period.

Don't skimp.
    Yes sir...great advice. For those who may be able to afford whatever they want!!!

But what about the guy/gal who is on minimum wage who has saved 6 bills to buy an AR and it would take and year or two more to save up for the "Best".

Wouldn't it be better for him/her to at least be in the ball game with a DPMS.

My bet is those users wouldn not shoot their weapon as hard as most of us do.

With proper breakin and maintance I think it would be better then nothing.

Kinda like being stuck out in the middle of nowhere with a flat and no lug wrench.......A cresent wrench could save the day........

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast