Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How important is the lower?

Feedback Score

How important is the lower?

I am looking to pick up a few lowers for my next build and I am curious on your thoughts.

How important is the lower? Is a lower, a lower? Are companies like DD, Noveske, Seekin, and companies like that worth the extra coin?
    Last edited by Boostedxt; 08-27-12 at 13:01.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostedxt View Post
    I am looking to pick up a few lowers for my next build and I am curious on your thoughts.

How important is the lower? Is a lower, a lower? Are companies like DD, Noveske, Seekin, and companies like that worth the extra coin?
    As long as mags drop free and the dims are correct, I don't think it matters. What is much more important are the internal inside of it!

Choose wisely.

C4

Feedback Score
    The barrel, trigger, and things like that will all be high end. I was just curious about the lower.

Is Noveske worth the extra $80 over say a Palmetto State/Aero Precision?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The barrel, trigger, and things like that will all be high end. I was just curious about the lower.

Not really... unless you're hoping for some more resale value later.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    how important is the upper and lower being matched is building an accuracy type rifle?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    how important is the upper and lower being matched is building an accuracy type rifle?
    Not important. An exceptionally bad fit might be avoided.. but some play isn't critical.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Are you building for yourself, others you know personally, or open resale? If it's for yourself or friends & family, it shouldn't matter. If resale value matters to you, it will be better with a quality name on the side. It wouldn't matter to me, but to a lot of potential buyers it will.

Feedback Score
    An interesting observation that I made... I have a Noveske Gen2 lower paired with a Vltor MUR 1A upper receiver. They fit like a dream.

However, my friend attempted to put his RRA upper on the Noveske lower and the two would absolutely not go together. In an attempt to put my MUR upper on his RRA lower (just out of curiosity at this point) I found that the MUR would have fit the RRA lower but it would have taken an excessive amount of force. It would be safe to say (however I haven't checked it further to diagnose it) that the RRA parts may be out of spec.

The point:
    There are some obvious manufacturers that i would stay away from when looking at lowers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clmarshall21 View Post
    An interesting observation that I made... I have a Noveske Gen2 lower paired with a Vltor MUR 1A upper receiver. They fit like a dream.
    That's two nice components. I'd like to have one of each of those.

Feedback Score
    Attachment 13372

Thanks. They are a match made in heaven!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast