Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: noveske AR-10

Feedback Score

noveske AR-10

I think I want one.

#1. I want to run this with a Gem-tech suppressor. How will the suppressor effect the AR-10?

#2. I don't know which one. I want to go short, but I don't want to give up too much in velocity. Can I get some people to post velocity numbers?

#3. The warning "This rifle is designed and intended for use with high quality 7.62x51 NATO ammunition. Commercial ammunition may not function through this rifle based on improper projectile design, weak load, or the lack of a staked primer." concerns me. I am going to b shooting some SA surplus, a good bit of commercial ammo, and my own reloads. How bad is this really?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    RE: #3, above ...

I don't think it's "bad" at all; though I suspect this may be one of those standard disclaimers that a manufacturer feels compelled to put out because (a) there is a lot of second-rate surplus 7.62 out there, and (b) they have no control over your load selection, and don't want to be overrun with issues related to the use of sub-standard ammunition. Wilson Combat has done much the same thing in issuing a list of preferred loadings for .45 ACP.

There might also be some component of the .308 WIN versus true 7.62 x 51 NATO spec debate here, as there are pressure and dimensional differences between the two that, while very real, often go unacknowledged. Still, I suspect not -- this disclaimer sounds like more of a heads-up that the rifle won't just doesn't respond well to sub-par ammunition.

Chief

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-06-17 at 15:11.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If that is the case (and I'm not questioning that it is), then it is pretty ridiculous that they haven't made the necessary changes to get the rifle to a stage of development well past this point.

These kinds of ammunition sensitivities may not reach military users where they live, but the average civilian user is definitely going to turn to commercial ammunition at some point. No wonder the AR-10 hasn't made a stronger showing in the market!

Chief

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-06-17 at 15:11.

Feedback Score

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...lay.cgi?cat=65

I shot 4 rounds into 1/4" @ 100 yds on wed, then pulled the 5th out 1/4" for an over all 1/2" group. After the 5th round was chambered, my cell rang and I put him on hold, guess I lost my concentration. I was using our 18" Heavy AR-10 with an AAC Cyclone.

Black Hills made this for us at our request, it is very close to M852, my favorite military round in 7.62mm.

Not cheap, but good.

----John

Feedback Score
    John,
    That's great news about the Black Hills Ammo. It's been years since I've seen M852 for sale and I'm half way through my last box - really nice shooting stuff. I guess I'll have to order some from you to try out. Thanks for making this happen.

Al

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Why is it limited to only certain ammo? My BM, COBB, DPMS and KAC 308's run fine with all types of ammo. It should still cycle. As for accuracy, that is a diff. topic.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    If that is the case (and I'm not questioning that it is), then it is pretty ridiculous that they haven't made the necessary changes to get the rifle to a stage of development well past this point.
    Chief
    The demand in the past just doesn't seem to have been there enough to develop it past this point.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast