Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bushmaster's new MASADA

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    And what does that have to do with the Masada, aka, ACR?
    Who knows, yet. But speculation that the Bushsada is going to be the next great thing isn't any less premature than speculation that it may not be what some people want.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Who knows, yet. But speculation that the Bushsada is going to be the next great thing isn't any less premature than speculation that it may not be what some people want.
    Thats my point. Speculation period is pointless right now. Yet people are throwing up stuff left and right.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    As Magpul stated they still will be manufacturing most of the parts involved. Give Magpul some credit I'm pretty sure they have thought about this thoroughly on a manufacturing and business standpoint and wouldn't have entered into this arrangement if they knew Bushmaster couldn't live up to its end.

I for one didn't think Magpul has the capability to mass produce the Masada. But by partnering with an established manufacturer it opened alot of doors for them. It all boils down to consistent QC and I hope Magpul will be very specific with bushmaser on this as bushmaster's reputation has not been very good.
    been there eaten that

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Rich, Drake and Magpul don't need to be thrown under the bus. Manufacturers can regulate the quality parts of other companies making their stuff for them. This is what Colt does and I'm sure that will be the case here.

Robb
    Last edited by Robb Jensen; 01-31-08 at 08:14.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Good for consumers...

More Masadas sold in more places.

You are correct. The ACR will be in EVERY gun shop in America. BM will sell this gun to every Distr. in the country (RSR, Amchar, etc) and every FFL dealer will be able to buy one. This is also a bad thing.

There is little to NO money to be made in BM AR's as everyone has them and sell them for next to nothing. Because of this, quality dealers will not stock them because we do not work for free!

I hope I am wrong about the above and BM only allows dealers to buy direct (with large orders) because if they do not, I don't believe that I will be stocking them.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 01-31-08 at 10:25.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234