Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster's new MASADA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    The article names three configurations- Fixed stock, folding stock and precision stock. Nothing like what we've hoped for.
    What in the HELL are you talking about????????? What other possible freaking stock options were you wanting? One that freaking extended and collapsed by itself automatically every time you shouldered that damn thing? I cant think of another weapon that offers this many choices out the door from the factory.

Great, I see we'll have to deal with all the "OMG its Bushmaster" bullshit here too. It isnt going to be all Bushmaster anyway, but I guess folks are too wrapped up in their own hysteria to even pay attention to that.

As far as Magpul's direct involvement goes, we'll be designing and manufacturing all polymer ACR parts including, but not limited to, handguards, lowers, and stocks. The bottom line: you get high-end Magpul kit straight from the factory on your Bushmaster ACR.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Backs away slowly....

I think I'll go surf the FN website.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and think about this for a second. Manufacturing a firearm is not easy and even though Magpul makes great products it would be very difficult for them to meet the demand from a manufacturing standpoint. Like they said, they weren't going to half-ass it (I'm paraphrasing of course).

We all want one and Magpul; Rich and his employees figured this was the best way to meet the demand and I'm confident they would not have entered into this agreement if they didn't think Bushmaster was the best solution.

We've all seen other companies <cough> try and manufacture a new design and look where that has ended up. Instead of thousands of rifles in customer's hands there are only a few hundred, if that.

Like many others here I see this as a good thing. This is Economics 201 stuff here guys so it's not earth shattering. Relax.
    Last edited by M4arc; 01-31-08 at 06:51.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The manufacturing approach makes perfect sense. The Bushmaster bash is like the age old fights between different factions, they don't even know what they are fighting over today, frenzy.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It doesn't change my world

I planned on taking a wait and see position on the new weapons system anyway.

I have the utmost respect for Magpul....but any new product can/will have growing pains

I may wait a bit longer now that BM is involved

But I agree that BM has never chosen to make a mil-spec weapon. We will have to (hope) assume that they can/will make a Magpul spec weapon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This product has been hyped for a year and the collective expectations of the AR "tactical" community have reached unbelievable levels.

This is like seeing pre-drawings of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and then hearing that....well, someone other than Michaelangelo.....was going to paint it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I see the news as possible pros and cons.

pro:
    -BM obviously has the production capability to get large numbers out.
    -Magpul is still making all of the plastic for the gun, so BM can't screw that part up.
    -BM will put their marketing machine (which is really what BM does best) behind it and get a lot of them into people's hands.

con:
    -BM doesn't have the best track record with this kind of thing (think .308 and Carbon 15, both flawed designs to start with admittedly)
    -BM seems locked on the 1:9 twist (although they have produced limited 1:7s)
    -Many "serious" fans are just going to be very anti-BM, and will wait longer to purchase a BM-produced gun than they would a Magpul-produced gun.

Personally, I've never understood the hype surrounding the Masada anyway. I find it interesting from a technical/engineering standpoint, but after first jumping on the bandwagon after SHOT '07 I just couldn't figure out what I'd want a gun with virtually entirely proprietary parts for. Many people talk about "getting one of these before the 'next ban' comes", but frankly, then what? Then it's banned, out of production, and has no parts support. Umm, yay?

I'm trying hard to reserve judgment on the Bushsada, but it's hard, real hard.

Feedback Score
    Well we'll see.

The market will decide fairly quickly on this. I only hope folks will wait until they get at least 100 rds down range before they start opening their mouth one way or another. A 1000 rds or more would be better.

So you procrustean types, take a breath.

As a firearms enthusiast I hope this weapon gets from production to market and succeeds. I like suffering from the choices and American consumer faces!

EDIT: I will also want to see some accuracy reports from production units before I jump on the bandwagon but I'm still very interested in this weapon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I -BM seems locked on the 1:9 twist (although they have produced limited 1:7s)
    And what does that have to do with the Masada, aka, ACR?
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think you guys made a smart move....best of luck. I look forward to seeing a production model...

Can you give one to Pat Roger's.....So I can shoot one one May.........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast