Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Comments: Bushmaster ACR

Feedback Score

Magpul Comments: Bushmaster ACR

Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC (BFI) announced today that it has signed an exclusive license deal with Magpul Industries Corp. for the production, future development, and sales of Magpul’s prototype MASADA weapon system.

The Bushmaster ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle) will initially be offered in 5.56 NATO, available for law enforcement and civilian purchase second quarter 2008. This release will be followed by military ACR versions in the 3rd quarter of 2008.

Without government funding or outside influence of any kind, the Masada concept was developed from scratch in Boulder, Colorado by Magpul’s Design Group. The Masada concept was first shown publicly at the 2007 Shot Show and its success prompted Magpul to spend a year redesigning the system for production.

The result is the ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle) which keeps the fundamentals of the Masada concept with added advanced features such as firing pin block and true ambidextrous charging handle.

Among the ACR’s key features are a gas piston operating system, tool-less quick change barrel, multi-adjustable folding stock with integrated storage, and backward compatibility with a number of AR15/M16 parts. Due to similar operating controls, user transition from the M16 series of weapons is easily facilitated with minimal re-training.

The Bushmaster ACR will initially be available in 3 SKUS: Standard Carbine with fixed stock, Entry Carbine with folding stock, and Special Purpose Rifle with Precision Rifle Stock. Live fire demonstration and test and evaluations beginning in the end of March to qualified law enforcement, federal government agencies.
    Okay guys, first things first – just to clear this up, the Bushmaster ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle) is the final production version of the Masada prototype that we debuted at SHOT Show last year. Like the press release says, we’ve spent the last 12 months refining and re-designing the Masada, but I will not be posting any updates yet. The ACR will officially be unveiled at SHOT Show starting on Saturday, so do us a favor and have patience until then. If you happen to be in Vegas, swing by the Magpul and Bushmaster booths – there will be plenty of ACRs to play with. Photos welcome - just ask before you snap. Post 'em if you got 'em.

Next, I need to address some of the things I've been reading on the forums lately. From the get go, the idea behind the Masada was go big or go bust, no middle ground. We're going big. We designed the best rifle we could with the ultimate goal of putting it in civilian, law enforcement, and military hands. Licensing the design to a well-established American firearms manufacturer offered the best opportunity to achieve these original goals. Enter Bushmaster and the ACR.

We've spent a lot of time with the Bushmaster guys over the last few months. I have personally been impressed with them. Down to earth and and down to business, very stand up. We jived right off the bat. The tolerances and specs Magpul laid out for the original Masada were tight, and the Bushmaster guys didn't blink. Both sides of the table have kept open minds about the project, and Bushmaster will be building the ACR to the same quality and material standards as the original Magpul concept. The lines of communication on the ACR remain open between Bushmaster and Magpul.

As far as Magpul's direct involvement goes, we'll be designing and manufacturing all polymer ACR parts including, but not limited to, handguards, lowers, and stocks. The bottom line: you get high-end Magpul kit straight from the factory on your Bushmaster ACR.

A couple of things in closing - for those of you who are wondering, Magpul is still an independently owned and operated company. We will also continue to expand our product line. In the following days at SHOT we plan to release several new products. These are fast and exciting times for those in our industry.

I'll make an effort to answer questions. Some of questions I won't know and some I can't answer due to confidential info. Don't trash the thread with silly antics.

Teaser eye candy for you.

Bushmaster ACR Entry Carbine (12.5" barrel):

Bushmaster ACR Standard Carbine (16" barrel):

Bushmaster ACR SPR Rifle (18" barrel):
    Magpul bonehead

Feedback Score
    Since I think that I am the first to see this post, I will say that I hope this works out well for Magpul. See you at SHOT.

Lynn

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This move makes sense in the fact that it's a way to get the gun into the hands of the end user quickly. Bushmaster is already an established firearms manufacturer thus reducing the time needed to get the gun into production and delivered in numbers. With continued guidance from Magpul this could work out for everyone.

Good luck Magpul! I hope to see the guns at SHOT.

PS: Lynn see you there as well!

Feedback Score
    Absolutely BRILLIANT move by Rich and Magpul. I cant wait for these to hit the shelves.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The Bushmaster ACR will initially be available in 3 SKUS: Standard Carbine with fixed stock, Entry Carbine with folding stock, and Special Purpose Rifle with Precision Rifle Stock.
    Can a folder be added w/o major expense?

I wanted a standard with folder initially, then add the AK set up. Later on, the SPR. I may alter plans and go with the SPR and scratch the Noveski project in the near future.(no sense having two SPR's)

I'm selling off the Troy 10" rail now and use the money for this.

Is the AK lower still an option?

Mark
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 01-31-08 at 06:43. Reason: ?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I think this is a wise move and hope yall the best cause I want one.
    JOHN 3:16

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Gents, let me say this now:

If you have specific questions for 7KOPPER please post them here and give Magpul the chance to address your concerns (if they choose to at this time).

This thread will not turn out like the other one. I will not close this one, instead accounts will be locked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Can a folder be added w/o major expense?

I wanted a standard with folder initially, then add the AK set up. Later on, the SPR. I may alter plans and go with the SPR and scratch the Noveski project in the near future.(no sense having two SPR's)

I'm selling off the Troy 10" rail now and use the money for this.

Is the AK lower still an option?

Mark
    I'll defer to Rich and Drake for confirmation, but since the stock attachment is the same on each, and meant to be modular, I would surmise that it would indeed be a simple matter of popping a pin and swapping them out.
    Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    And just as a reminder, They are probably packing and heading out to SHOT today and tomorrow, most likely not going to be on the computer until the middle/end of next week when they get back, so dont expect immediate answers.
    Protego quod vallo.

Feedback Score
    Are there plans to release hardware kits to convert our barrels over to run on the ACR?

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast